Chapter 11: Colin Creevey

"There's been another one!" Olivia yelled as she shook me awake. "At night," she was so out of breath.

Still half asleep, I said, "Sit down Olivia, you sound like you are wheezing." my words slurred but Olivia seemed to understand.

She nodded her head and sat down next to me.

"So, what's going on?" I tried to say, it didn't really work though because I yawned when I said the word 'going'. It probably sounded more like "So wha's oin' aw."

After shooting me a weird look (which I responded to by saying "What? I'm tired.") Olivia explained.

"Colin Creevey, the kid in our year who's obsessed with Harry Potter, was petrified!"

I gasped and clapped my hand over my mouth. "Another one?" I asked softly, not believing it.

Olvia nodded again, confirming it.

I covered my entire face with my hands and mumbled "Not another one." more to myself than to anyone else.

We sat there in silence for a little while, until Olivia spoke, "You missed breakfast, but we can probably go down and get some lunch soon."

She stood up and offered me a hand, "Come on, we'd better start going."

I put on a sad smile, and said, "Yeah I'll be down in a minute."

Sucking in a deep breath, and rubbing my eyes, I took out my diary and mindlessly started writing. "Hey Tom, there's been another one."

"What?" he wrote, probably startled.

"Another attack."
"Another one!" he immediately wrote with scribbled handwriting. Composing himself, he asked, "That's not good! Who was it this time?"

"Colin Creevey. He's a Gryfindor in my year."

"Really? Is he petrified?"

That question startled me. "Yes he's petrified what else?" I wrote before realizing. "Oh." That put me into another funk. "Merlin, I hope that nobody dies."

"Yeah, we really wouldn't want that to happen."

"Anyways, Olivia's expecting me, I'm going to go have lunch. Bye Tom."

"Lunch?" he asked, no doubt confused, "I was under the impression that it was still morning."

I shrugged and then realized that Tom couldn't see me. "I overslept, bye Tom."

"Goodby Ginny." I read, before leaving my dorm.

As I was walking down the halls with Olivia, I realized that everyone seemed to be in a surprisingly cheerful mood, considering there had just been another attack. "Why is everyone so... Happy?" I asked Olivia in slight disgust.

"Oh they probably haven't heard yet, they'll find out soon enough." She explained. "I only found out because I happened to be walking near the teachers' table during breakfast when Professor McGonagall was telling Professor Sinistra what happened. Come on, you must be starving." Olivia added once we got to the great hall.

"Speaking of Professor Sinistra, we've got astronomy in a few days and I haven't even started my essay on phases of the moon," Jacob said, popping up behind us.

I jumped a good 10 centimeters, and clutched at my heart. "Jacob! You scared me!" I yelled, breathlessly. He just shrugged and grabbed a scone to eat.

~~*~~

By the next day, everyone had heard about the attack on Colin, and we were all starting to feel the weight of him being gone more and more.