First Day

"Minjoo-yah"

 "Unnie, I am still sleepy."

 "Don't forget that you will be my substitute "teacher" for this day."

"Ugh." Minjoo rose on her bed and glared at Eunbi.

"Yah! Don't you dare to look at me like that! Please Minjoo-yah. I really need to go to that conference! I already talked to Ms. Hyewon that you will be visiting and will be taking over my class today."

"Ugh. Fine! But I won't be staying long because I still have classes to attend on the afternoon."

"Yaaaaay! I know I can always count on you, Minmin! Thank you so so much"

Minjoo sighed as she saw the older girl went outside of her room. She started to prepare her things for her today's agenda.

Minjoo is Kwon Eunbi's sister. Just like her older sister, Minjoo is also a gifted kid. She managed to graduate high school early because she was exempted to attend 1 year of elementary school. Now, she is a college student in one of the finest university in Seoul.

"Minjoo-yaaah! I'll better be going! The breakfast is already in the table!" 

"Thank you, unnie" Minjoo replied as she wears her pink sandals.

"I think I am ready." she murmurs as she stares herself at the mirror.

She arrived in her sister's school early. While waiting, she checked her phone and saw 2 messages from someone she knew from school.

"Minjoo, let's meet at the café tomorrow at 5?"

"Hey! You should bring your own notes so we can share our notes together."

Minjoo sighed because even though she is one of the smartest kids in high school, it does not mean that she is also the smartest kid in the university. Entering in one of the prestigious university in Seoul at a very young age can really be stressful enough. She really must not fail this exam because Minjoo is not the type of person to fail. That is why she asked one of her smartest classmates to tutor her for their upcoming exam.

"Yes, Matthew! See u tom :)" she replied while she continues to read her notes.

"Hello Ms. Kim, long time no see" a lady wearing a formal attire greeted Minjoo.

"Hello Ms. Hyewon! Thank you for letting me substitute my sister for today. I promise it wont happen again."

"Ahhh! It's okay. Ms. Kwon has been a very good teacher in this school. Also, you are one of my best students who graduated in this school."

"Please don't mention it Ms. Hyewon. I think I should be going. Cant miss my first day."

"Okay, Ms. Kim. I hope to see you again."

After that conversation with Ms. Hyewon, Minjoo hurriedly went to her assigned classroom. Of course she was nervous. She is not that confident in speaking in front of many people.

"Good Morning, class. Ms. Kwon won't be around today because of some emergency. I am just here to collect the essay she asked you to make."

Her sister only asked her to collect those homework. The reason why Minjoo accepted this favor because it won't really take her time and she really wants her sister to attend that conference.

"Ma'am!"

Minjoo was surprised and drawn her attention to the girl and asked:

"Yes? Is there anything you would like to say?" 

"Can we have an extra time to finish our essay? I didn't finished mine yet. I am so sorry."

Minjoo was surprised on what the girl requested.

"Homework should be done in home right?" she thought but she managed to be considerate and gave the class an additional time to finish their essays.

"Okay then. I'll give you 15 minutes to finish your essays. Next time, remember to finish all of your homeworks at home. Ms. Kwon won't be as considerate like me."

Everyone in the room was happy and they quickly grabbed their pens and started finishing their unfinished homeworks.

"Thank you so much Ms?"

"Ms. Kim. Kim Minjoo."

"Thank you for your understanding, Ms. Kim"

Minjoo was happy that she could help her sister's students. Maybe most of the student in the classroom have the same age as hers. So she would not mind knowing some of "her" students.

"You are welcome, Ms?"

"Ahn Yujin"

"You're welcome and nice meeting you Ms. Yujin" 

After 15 minutes, she hurriedly collected all their homeworks and said:

"Okay, class. I better get going because I still have classes to catch up to."

She went out and sighed

"I'm glad that this day is over"