Chapter 5.

The bed may have been extremely comfortable and considering that I was also tired you would expect I would sleep throughout the night but I was awake within a few hours shaking from the nightmare I just had. It is a normal occurrence for me to get nightmares since the abuse of the pack started but this was one of the worst I went through.

Sitting up in bed I was shaking, sweating and panting. I had relieved one of the worst days of my life and I wished to never go through that again.

It was the day I was almost raped by a few young wolves in the pack but I was saved by the alpha needing me to clean his room if it were not for the alpha appearing and telling me to clean my room I don't know what would have happened. I was almost thanking him on that day for unknowingly helping me. I was now crying hysterically while seated on my bed trying to calm my racing heart.

I was so busy trying to calm down when I felt small hands hug me slowly. I was about to jump away when I remembered that I had Jay with me in the house and I could feel his smell engulf me.

I pulled him to my lap and hugged him back and I could feel myself relax a lot more since I heard no one back in my back who was there to hug me or comfort me when I woke up in my room shaking from a nightmare.

"Are you okay Alex?" Jay asked while buried in my chest concern and worry dripping from his words. I knew he must have been very worried since he has never witnessed me in such a state. In the few days I knew him, when I woke up from a nightmare, he was always deep asleep so he couldn't hear me but today I must have been too loud that he woke up.

I didn't want to lie and tell him I was okay when I was not so I just hugged him back to feel a bit of comfort.

"Alex don't worry I will always be here with you. I am never going anywhere." I heard Jay say and I could feel more tears fall from my eyes.

I don't know how this young kid had become so important to me within such a short period of time. I am so thankful that I met him at that time because he even knew the right words to say. I am sure he will become a charmer when he grows up. I just laughed inwardly at that but truthfully speaking he has become the most important person in my life and I would do anything for him.

I was now more calmer than earlier, Jay had really helped even though I didn't tell him. Looking down at him I said "I'm sorry I woke you up. I know how tired you were and you needed the rest." That part I felt bad about because I could still feel how tired I was and I imagined that Jay felt the same way.

Jay just shook his head while moving away from where he was lying on my chest saying," Don't worry about that I was already up I was feeling hungry and I came looking for you but didn't know where to find you until I heard..."

I know what he heard he didn't need to say it. I just shook my head and chuckled damn! This kid can eat. He was about to say something when his stomach growled loudly and I couldn't hold back and I laughed at him. He flushed in embarrassment and hid in my chest.

"Okay, let's go feed this monster." I said to him while carrying him on my back while moving towards the kitchen hoping they had also stocked up something that we could cook for the mean time.

I rummaged in the fridge and saw that it was well stocked and I could make a very easy meal at any time but since today was the first time to be here I decided to let Jay choose what he would like to eat.