Chapter 24.

The next morning I woke up surrounded by warmth and I curled myself closer to the source of warmth. When my senses finally kicked in, I woke up with a start remembering all that had transpired the previous night.

I won’t deny that I wasn’t a bit worried of how Ryker would take it but waking up with him still beside me was all the confirmation I needed to know that he wouldn’t be leaving me or rejecting me at all.

It finally feels like a have found my family with Ryker and Jay after the way my family had rejected me and my former pack never cared for me, it feels good and I can’t deny I am so happy. He was caring, understanding and thinking about it now I am falling for him.

Supporting myself on my elbows, I began admiring the gorgeous face of my mate which was even more striking with the rays of sun falling on his beautiful face. He looked calm and peaceful while sleeping and I pulled back a lock of hair that was falling onto his face and began drawing unconsciously some patterns on his chest.

Lying here beside him I am wondering what I did to deserve such a wonderful man like him.

“I should be the one asking that.” He said opening his eyes and I was started wondering how long he was awake and I withdrew my hand which was on his chest but he caught it and placed it on his chest and began rubbing it slowly.

“You are strong, kind, beautiful, compassionate and not many people would have undergone what you did and still be standing like you are.” He said showing his admiration and I could feel the redness rise up on my face from the compliment.

He was now laughing at me while I was just scowling at him, “I like how cute you look when you blush.”

Damn it. He really does enjoy teasing me doesn’t he but I can’t complain since I prefer the jovial Ryker to the angry and murderous Ryker from yesterday night.

I was about to run away from the bed but before I could escape he caught my wrist and pulled me back and I landed on top of him.

Lifting my face to look at him, I realized how close our faces were and I could feel myself release a shaky breath of air.

I could see his eyes drift from my eyes to my lips and I couldn’t help myself and my eyes drifted to his lips which looked so inviting and ready to be kissed.

Looking back up, I could see his eyes trail all over my face and the next thing I knew his lips descended upon my lips in a hungry yet passionate kiss and I returned it with the same vigor.

Putting all my emotions into that kiss, all the anger, the frustration and hurt, the kiss turned into something else within minutes. When we broke apart for the need of oxygen, he began trailing kisses to my neck and I didn’t realize when we started shredding our clothes.

Ryker switched our positions so that my back was facing the bed, “tell me to stop.” he said and he seemed to be using a lot of energy to hold himself back.

“I can’t make myself Alexis. Tell me to.” He said in a husky deep voice and his eyes showed just how much he wanted this and I also want this and I have no heart to stop this.

“And if I don’t want you to stop.” I said breathlessly while running my hands through his hair and I was rewarded by a growl and him dipping to my neck and pampering kisses all over.