Chapter 18.

When I got to my room all the adrenaline from earlier had ended and now I could clearly see what I had done. The way Mason’s body looked at the end of the fight was a horrific sight. He was almost unrecognizable and even though I didn’t feel bad for teaching him a lesson, I couldn’t hide that the sight was now disgusting to even think about it.

After a few minutes sitting on the bed, I couldn’t help it and I rushed to the bathroom and puked my guts out, the sight still clear in my head.

I was drained now and I just sat there beside the toilet, I know it was unhygienic but I didn’t have the energy in me to move back to the room.

I was now recollecting all that had happened and I remembered how I just used the Alpha King’s power and energy to exert my punishment and inevitably declared myself as the Queen, the Kings mate through that. I could feel worry rising in my gut.

What if my mate didn’t want me after what I had just done? What if he finds out about my past and decided that he can’t carry all the baggage that I come with? What if he was not pleased by using him for my punishment without his consent?

The ‘what ifs’ that were running through my mind and all my insecurities were running to the surface the more I thought of how my mate would reject me.

All I have wanted since it turned the age of finding my mate, was for us to find each other and now all my chances of enjoying time with my mate just went out the window because of my anger. I was now full on crying on the bathroom floor.

I was so deep in my thoughts and I was startled by the door to my room being broken by someone and when they were inside I was hit by the smell of my mate and my crying just increased tenfold.

I heard him call out my name but I didn’t want to rush the inevitable, him rejecting me.

“What’s wrong?”

I couldn’t help it and I tensed and shifted away from him when he finally entered the bathroom. I could feel his eyes ran all over my form hunched over the bathroom floor and worry was sipping through his pores and I could feel it in the air.

“Alexis.” When he called my name I couldn’t help it and a pleasurable shiver raked through my body and all my instincts were telling me to just run into him arms and find comfort there but the other side knew he would push me away and like a trigger the dam broke again.

He moved from where he was standing and came and sat in front of me, “please tell me what’s wrong so I can make it right.” He said in a pleading tone.

“Don’t reject me.” I whispered lowly and I knew he heard me from the growl that reverberated from his throat.

“Why would I reject you?” he asked slowly like he was talking to a kid.

“Be….because of what I did.” I hiccupped trying to control my sobs which only seemed to increase.

In an instant I was pulled from where I was sitting on the floor onto his lap with a growl. I was shocked at first wondering what he was doing and I tried to get away from him but his hold was strong and there wasn’t much I could do.

Giving up I just stared at my nails waiting for him to reject me. Now that I was this close to him I was overwhelmed with the smell of pine needles mixed with the scent of rain soaked earth and it was the most delicious smell ever and it was nearly suffocating me.