05) Sandwich: Awake

EDITING EDITING EDITING EDITING EDITING

Recap:

          Mr.Dnot just smiled to himself, knowing his son is changing for the better. But his smile faltered a bit wen e thought about how his wife would take it. She wasn't really the most reasonable woman.

Chapter 5:

          A shrill scream woke Jaspar up. He quickly grabbed the first thing he could find, a pillow, and headed downstairs toward the noise. The scream had still not subsided. The noise was coming from the living room. He jumped into the room with the pillow pointed in front of him. His mother was the source of the shrill scream. Jaspar looked confused for a while before he remembered the girl. He quickly rushed over to see the girl, still sound asleep, in the same position as last night. 

          "Calm down mom. Lets go in the kitchen and I'll explain everything," he tried to reason with his mother, but she wouldn't hear of it.

          "I want this girl out of here!" Mrs.Dnot demanded. 

          "Just let the kid explain." Mr.Dnot walked down the stairs carefully, sleep still clouding his eyes. 

          Mrs.Dnot let out a frustrated huff but retreated to the kitchen, motioning for Jaspar to follow, Mr.Dnot right behind. 

          "When they sat down, Mrs.Dnot pointed a perfectly manicured finger at Jaspar. "Talk," she demanded.

          Jaspar, being the person he is, explained everything, even all the embarrassing parts like when Mrs.Eves whacked him. After the explanation, Mr.Dnot looked proud, but Mrs.Dnot seemed disgusted.

          "She's probably a prostitute. Get her out of this house." Jaspar seemed appalled by that thought. It had never crossed his mind that she might be a prostitute. Mr.Dnot noticed Jaspar contemplating what Mrs.Dnot said, and for some reason, he didn't want his son thinking that. 

          "Sweetie, why don't we wait until the girl wakes up before making such rash assumptions," Mr.Dnot cooed into his wife's ears, whilst gently rubbing her back. And as if those were the magic words, a groan was heard from the living room. The Dnots all rushed into the dimly lit living room and crowded around the mysterious girl, eagerly awaiting her awakening. 

          Oh, and what an awakening it was. In a flash, the girl was out of the comforters and across the room, a lamp in her hands. All the while, her eyes were closed. She felt the wall on her right, as if something was supposed to be there, but when she found nothing but the smooth painted walls, she opened her eyes.

          Her eyes scanned the room in confusion, as it was different than her usual setting. Her eyes landed on three people, all of which where staring at her in shock and horror. Two male and one female. They looked like each other in some ways; their similar chestnut brown hair and spring green eyes. Though they had very noticeable differences; their face shape and tone of skin. The younger male seemed to have more tan skin than the other two . She was confused. They were not clones for they had too many differences. They weren't workers for they lacked the white body suits and guns. They weren't robots either for they had colored eyes and emotions.

          She wondered aloud, "What are you?"

------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading