ten; I too got a back story

"My birth name is Neyvell of Thoverse.
I was born on a dwarf planet called Youlkay.
To be honest, I can't remember as much as I'd like of that time.
Few things still come to mind, though.

I think my home planet was nearer the center of the Milky Way than Earth.
You guys are Earthlings, but I can't recall what people living on planet Youlkay were call.

However, my planet was divided by three nations.
There was mine, the Thœys, we are shapeshifters. Well... more like colorshifters. It's pretty difficult to change the body's shape. As for the color, even a baby is able to modify it. The Capital is named Thoverse.
Well... it was in my time there.

We give great importance into our oracles. They are young and old people chosen to demystify the future.

As for the other nations, one of them are the Himav'ews. But, you would call them yetis. My mother used to tell me how dangerous they are, for my bedtime story.
Apparently, they were planning on invading Earth but abandoned the project after they sent their first few colonizers.
The legend said a butterfly had made them change course.

So instead, they declared war to Thoverse. They wanted Youlkay to themselves.

As Supermanish as it sounds, my parents used a special shuttle to get me out.

Lastly, there's the Peace Clan. They are a moving nation formed of Thœys and Himav'ews living together. You can't find them, they'll find you. They are against Thoverse and Himav. Their views on things are different.

And that's pretty much all I know.

I arrived here, I was nearly five years old.

Nicole was the one who found me. She gave me a name and taught me basic English. Even if she was a kid herself. So yeah... at first, my English wasn't that good. ("Hey! I think I did a pretty good job!" Interrupted Nicci.)
We moved together in Patric and Carol's house.

I don't think they ever accepted the fact that I'm an alien..."

"Bullshit!" Yelled Nicole loudly. "You're lil' miss perfect! They never stop comparing my grades to yours."

"And my grades are pretty much the only thing that they accept when it comes to me." I snapped back.

I flushed at my harsh tone, feeling the blush invading my cheeks, while I directed my gaze to the ground. It was oddly interesting, with all the kind-of-circle designs.
For once in her life, Nicci kept quiet.

The silence was awkward, to be honest.

"So... does anyone have a charger? My phone's almost dead..." hesitantly said Bonnie.

"I always have one with me." Quickly said Jay Lee O'Connor, getting it out of his Stranger Things themed backpack. O'Connor never went anywhere without his backpack. I knew he kept snacks with him and his things for his allergies and asthma. He handed the charger to the blonde. "I don't think you have anywhere to connect it, though."

As if on cue, Michelle and Spidey both jumped on Bonnie, stealing the phone charger from her hands. They crawled their way to the dashboard before planting the device in it, as easily as one would do if they were targetting butter at room temperature with a knife.

"That was freaky." Stated both of the Crawford twins.
"That was scary." Added Nicole, making sure her lovers were in perfect condition.

"Yo, guys, are you aware, we keep surviving every creepy crazy thing." Sang Elliot, laughing at Merritt who groaned loudly.

"Now I'll have Drive in my head for forever!" He complained.

Nevertheless, Bonnie connected her phone and we could all hear the little sound the phone makes when it starts charging.

"Me, I think this is awesome." Exclaimed Sonny. "And why drive, by the way?"

"Oh that's right, we still haven't forced you to listen to The Lightning Thief Musical." Sighed sadly Sadie.
"The what now."

And they all entered in their discussion about musicals. I knew that Sadie wished to become a comedian and go all the way to broadway. So for her, she had to educate her best friends on her passion. And I kept quiet.

"Please, Lovell, tell me you know at least Hamilton? Not like this ignorant fool." Sadie asked me, including me in the conversation for the first time in twenty minutes.

"Yeah... I know pretty much all the songs..." I quietly responded.
"Ah! At least she got good tastes."
"What's wrong with me not being interested in theater?"

And they continued.

"Guys, my mum wants me home." O'Connor said. "Which brings me to the question: what will we do with her?" He was talking about me and I feared what was coming. "I mean, she can't get out like this."

Bonnie stood up and brushed off some invisible dust from her jeans.

"Let's go home. Nico, my dear, you can maybe explain the situation to Patric and Carol and bring your sister some blankets or a sleeping bag. We'll all come back tomorrow to try and figure something out. Oh and Jay, that'd be nice if you could leave some snacks for Lovell."

Everyone complied, as Jay groaned but gave me some chips(such an healthy meal) and I was left alone with Michelle, Mary Jane and Gwen. Elliot had taken Spidey home with them. They said they wanted to try something. Knowing them, Spidey wouldn't come back the same tomorrow.

While I was alone, I was left to explore my thoughts and the spaceship.

Was this the engine that send me away from my home planet?

I kind of doubt it.

Not too long after, Nicole came back with our old red cart.

She threw me my flower themed sleeping bag and yelled at me to catch only once it hit me in the head.
Of course, she laughed at me, I wouldn't have expected nothing else from her.
It made me smile softly.

"Patrick and Carol nearly had a panic attack when I told them about the spaceship." My sister snickered. "It made all the rumors about our little town too real for them. Fort Kitrie is already known for having old crazy men witnessing UFO, they don't want that rumor to come true!"

She leaned on the wall behind her, which, after ten seconds, started glowing, making a doorway's shape. It opened, revealing a weird bookshelf. Nicole fell back, knocking her head on the shelves.

I went up to inspect them. This, was possibly the key to an ocean of forgotten knowledge about Youlkay. About my home planet.

"Thank you for helping me up!" Sarcastically grunted Nicole as she pulled herself up.

"How much would you like to pass your night learning from all of this?" I asked her, already feeling myself smile.
"To waste my night away to learn a weird alien language when it's been four years that I've been trying to learn Japanese on Babbel, with no success? Why not?"

------------------------------___________________/////////////////////////

Hey!
So, I know it's been a while, but I actually have reason.
I realised that I needed to develop the universe of Youlkay more if I wanted to continue writing this story.
And for the few past weeks, it's what I've been doing.

I started to elaborate a timeline and to write down informations, so many information.
I even came up with a "language" for the Thoey.

So that's it, I hope you like my story.

English isn't my first language, so if you have any comment or suggestions, I'm all ears.

*You're filled with DETERMINATION*

À plus,

-Pan_Paon