Troubled

(Steven's POV)

Lapis and I arrived back at Little Homeworld. Neither of us had really spoken about what took place but Lapis was looking at me with pure worry in her eyes. Because she saw me do something I never thought I would have to do again.

"Steven...are you OK?" She asked as I looked away from her. I didn't want to revisit what happened. I knew what I did. I didn't need her trying to say how I did what I needed to do or how she knows I only did it to protect her. Somehow, that would only make me feel worse.

"....I'm fine, Lapis. Just.....leave it alone." I said as she was about to say something until the warp pad went off and Frecky Lapis appeared.

"Hey. Is...this that Little Homeworld place?" She asked as I looked at Lapis and her before turning and heading home.

(Lapis POV)

"Is he OK? I know he only poofed my friend because she attacked you. She reformed not long after you guys left." Frecky said as I watched Steven walk off. I was now worried. I know what I saw him do. And what he turned into. But I wasn't mad. I just wanna know what's wrong with him.

"Hey Frecky? Go find a Peridot and a Bismuth in Little Homeworld and tell them I need to speak with them, OK? I think I can hear them nearby. I'm sure you won't have trouble finding them." I said as Frecky nodded and took off to find Peridot and Bismuth. I needed to tell them what happened with Steven....

*Back at the Temple*

(Steven's POV)

I arrived back at the temple. The lights were out so the Gems must be in their rooms for the night. I flicked the light switch to find Garnet lounging back in a chair as if she was waiting for me to come home. I tried my best to smile as she looked at me.

"Hey, Garnet. I...didn't keep you guys waiting too long, did I?" I asked as she smiled.

"No. It's only 8:30pm. Your curfew isn't for another 3 hours. So you're fine." She said as I sighed in relief. I honestly thought Lapis and I had been out later than that. But I guess not.

"Where are Pearl and Amethyst?" I asked as Garnet sighed.

"Well, Amethyst is in her room for the night. I have something I need for her to do tomorrow so she went to bed early to be ready for it. And Pearl...well she's taken on a very undesirable habit that I REALLY don't approve of....." She began to say until the door opened and in walked Pearl totally drunk!!

"*hic!* Oh my....what a night I had. *sees Steven* Oh...my baby Steven! Mommy missed you so much while you were gone! Come give Mommy a kiss."  Pearl said as she drunkenly approached me, prompting Garnet to step between us!

*Thank you, Garnet. Since when did Pearl start drinking anyway?* I thought to myself as Pearl whined.

"*hic* I just wanna give my baby a kiss, Garnet!" She said drunkenly as Garnet groaned. This is clearly not the first time this has happened....

"Pearl, while I'm certain Steven loves you, I am also certain he doesn't want to go to bed with the scent of your adventures at the bar on him as he settles in for the night." The fusion said as she picked up the drunken Pearl and carried her to her room with her singing some old song as she was being carried off.

I sighed as I went to my room and fell back on my bed. My mind was still on what took place today. What happened to him? Did that Curly haired Lapis make me THAT angry? Yes she attacked Lapis, but if it wasn't for the one I knew stopping me, who knows how much farther I would have gone?

"*sighs* Might as well just sleep it off. I've got training tomorrow." I said as I drifted off to sleep.

At least I'll have some extra motivation for training tomorrow.

See ya next chapter!

Lurkerbelow

The_Lovely_Starlight

The_Diamond_Hybrid

mama_kurogiri