Time Skip/Finale/Epilogue

*Time Skip: 10 years into the Future*

Things had calmed down quite a bit the past 10 years and many things had changed:

Buck Dewey was now Mayor.

Older citizens such as Vidalia, Yellowtail, Nanafua, Barb and sadly Greg had passed away.

But more importantly......

"I can't believe this is happening. To me of all Gems. I was made for war. Now I....I feel like I am truly free from all of that. *chuckles* It's hard to believe the man I tried to kill and gave a black eye to years ago is now my husband." Jasper said happily as she looked at her wedding ring.

Suddenly, she felt a pair of small arms hug her.

"Mommy!" The voice of 5 year old Janis Jasper Diamond Universe said as she hugged her mother, who picked her up and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Hello, my darling. Did you have fun with Daddy and Auntie Lazuli?" Jasper asked as Janis giggled and nodded.

"Mhmm! But Auntie Peri and Auntie Ame squirted me after the water fight was over! They're meeaan!" Janis whined as Jasper laughed.

"Oh are they now? I guess Daddy and I have to teach them to NOT be mean, don't we? But I can't have my little girl all sad..." She said as she swarmed Janis' face with kisses just as the now 25 year old Connie came in.

"Hey Jasper. Hey Janis. How's my little niece doing?" She asked as Janis giggled.

"Hi, Auntie Connie! Where is Aunt Reby?" Janis asked as Connie smiled. A few years ago, she had come out as openly bisexual and began dating a woman named Reby who went to her community college in Surf City. Steven and the others were and still are supportive of their relationship to where Janis calls them Auntie Connie and Auntie Reby.

"She's at work, honey. But she'll be at the cookout this weekend. You know she loves seeing you." Connie said as Jasper smiled.

Just then, the now 27 year old Steven came in, soaking wet in his beach attire along with Amethyst and Lapis. The hybrid had gotten quite big over the years. He certainly inherited his mother's height and his father's "size"(which kept Jasper quite satisfied).

And while he had grown handsome to where he was being flirted with by many women, he knew who his heart belonged to. And that loyalty is one of the many reasons his wife and daughter loved him so much.

"Daddy!" Janis cheered as she ran towards her father as he scooped her up in a hug.

"You took off in here pretty fast, Janis. Auntie Lazuli was too much for you?" He asked as Janis stuck her tongue out at a smirking Lapis.

"I love you too, Janis." Lapis said, planting a peck on a blushing Janis' cheek before walking out with Amethyst and Connie to give the family some privacy.

"Can you believe it?" Steven asked as Jasper chuckled.

"What did I ever do to deserve you? A loving father, leader and husband all for a simple Quartz like me? It just seems too good to be true." She said as Steven put Janis down for a nap before sitting on the couch with his wife and putting an arm around her.

"Because to me: You're perfect." Steven said as Jasper smiled and the two shared a loving kiss that seemed to last an eternity. Just like their love for each other.

And that's the end of this well received story! I'm glad so many people enjoyed it. I feel like this was the story I needed to get my confidence as a writer back up to where it once was and I'm glad it was so well received.

Thanks to all of those who read, liked and voted.

To end off, I would like to quote one of my favorite wrestlers:

"Trust in me and I will not let you down."

I'll keep cranking out books for you guys.

Until next time, stay golden.

Lurkerbelow

The_Diamond_Hybrid

EndieStories

mama_kurogiri

The_Lovely_Starlight

Jss2141

-_Crimson-Moon_-

Ghoul_Toga