Chapter 12

The mysterious skeleton sighed softly as he stopped right outside his door. He didn't know what to expect in there. The last time he entered his house with PJ in it, it had gotten a new makeover.

Steeling his nerves, he opened the door. A gorgeous scent of home cooked food wafted to the outside world. Fresh closed his eyes for a second, trying to remember the times he and his family had actual time for that...

The ink skeleton heard the front door opening, so he went to check it out. Instead of seeing one of those bastards, he saw his partner... Smiling.

The smile was genuine, it was sweet and kind. Hopeful and loving.

An odd pain formed in the dark skeleton's chest as he thought of that smile fading. Of never seeing that smile again. He wanted to see that smile again. He wanted to know why Fresh was smiling like that.

"So, you like chicken alfredo?" The jock asked softly, keeping his voice low. He noticed the jumping from school.

The pale monster took a tiny step back, but he wasn't as shaken as when the bell goes off. The smile was gone though.

"O-Oh... I-I..." He stopped speaking and just entered the house completely.

The taller skeleton shifted his weight some, not really sure what else to do or say.

"Let's watch a movie while we eat? It might help us with our projects." It was the first thing on his mind.

The nerdy skeleton didn't say anything for a moment before nodding.

"That doesn't sound too bad..." He whispered softly.

A broad grin formed on the jock, his head nodding. He honestly didn't know why he was smiling.

Quickly, J got them two bowls ready and walked back to the living room. Fresh wasn't in the living room, yet his bag and skateboard were there still.

The ink monster looked around with his head, a little confused.

"S-Sorry, I was getting changed..." A soft voice whispered behind him.

PJ turned his head toward the voice, it oddly making him blush.

Behind him was his partner, who was now dressed in a pair of shorts and a long sleeved shirt. The sleeves were long enough that they had actually covered part of his hands.

The cute, timid look of the smaller was just, so appealing to the taller skeleton. He honestly was restraining himself at this point! Who honestly knew that he would become smitten with someone he barely knew.

It wasn't hard to notice the other's lust for the smaller, but there was a difference between the jock's lust and many other people's lust. Fresh just couldn't tell what it was though...

Gulping quietly, he grabbed one of the bowls and softly smiled to his partner.

"A-After the m-movie, I can help you with you with your other homework." The words were softly spoken, but every word was meant.

The jock nodded and tired to calm himself. He shouldn't be like one of those raging hormonal teenage boys. He was better than that.

Fresh picked one of the better CGI movies he had. It was still old, it just had better CGI and dialogue.

J just ate his food mindlessly. He didn't really care about the movie, but he did focus in on a few parts that he found interesting.

When they both were done eating, Fresh cuddled into a pillow, deeply infatuated with what was going on. PJ found it adorable actually. Almost anything that the smaller does could be classified as adorable.

Soon another movie was put in, and another. The tiny nerd always asked if the other wanted to work on their homework, but there was a soft tone in his voice. He didn't want to stop watching movies.

So, the jock just told him that they had time and watching movies would help. Besides, something inside of him wanted to keep seeing Fresh so relaxed and calm.

He liked seeing Fresh relaxed and calm.

Eventually the mysterious monster started to yawn, so he turned off the TV.

"It's late..." He murmured, rubbing his eyes under his glasses. "You can stay in the guest bedroom." 

PJ gave a soft smile and nodded silently. His partner gave him a sleepy smile that warmed his heart. Then he left to go to bed.

The jock sighed quietly to himself before he cleaned the house up. He was going to have to make it seem like he was living there, specially if those bastards were going to do something illegal.

Shaking his head, the jock just finished cleaning before going to the spare room. He needed sleep, he could think of the worst case scenarios in the morning.