Chapter 21

Fresh went home quickly, grabbing his large duffel bag. He didn't want to leave, but he was getting too close.

Just when he had grabbed the majority of his clothes, he heard someone softly clear their throat.

"So, are you really trying to disappear before I get off of practice?" PJ asked, an annoyed look on his face. "I heard you and Dad talking at school."

The ink skeleton was angry. He honestly couldn't believe that they could try and force him away. He didn't want to leave Fresh's side, he didn't want Fresh to get hurt and he knew that he could protect his uncle. He knew he could!

The parasite tensed for a second, closing his eyes with pain. He thought he felt eyes on him... He should've checked it out...

"This isn't something that you're ready to understand... I..." The pale skeleton paused, keeping his back turned to the other. "I just have to go. I've stayed here longer than I've ever been somewhere."

Without thinking, the jock grabbed a hold of Fresh's arm, forcibly turning them around.

"If this is the longest you stayed somewhere, then just stay! You don't have to leave." The jock was desperate. He was so desperate.

The plaid wearing monster squirmed, keeping his head down. He didn't want to look at the other.

"You don't understand." He murmured softly.

PJ tightened his grip on the other, a growl leaving his throat. He doesn't understand? How can understand if no one was telling him what was going on?!

"I want to understand, so just tell me, for fucks sake!" He was nearly shouting, his voice rough and harsh, but his eyes were the ones that were flaming with anger and possessiveness. Emotions that deeply frightened the smaller skeleton.

Fresh shook in PJ's hold, his bones starting to hurt at such a tight grip. A grip very similar to his father's.

"P-PJ." The parasite whimpered out. "H-Hurts..." He murmured.

Hearing those pitiful words were what snapped the jock from his anger, yet it only made him loosen his grip and calm his glare.

"Fresh," The name that flowed from his mouth was uttered in a deep and almost loving type of voice. "I want to help you, I want to understand... Just tell me what's going on. Why do you have to leave me?"

Despite the fear the pulled at the other's soul, confusion floated with it. The way that last question was phrased wasn't normal... Yet, it was similar to a question that he heard from Error.

Gulping heavily, Fresh finally pushed PJ off him. He stared at him through his sunglasses, his body shaking heavily.

"I-It's not m-my place..." Fresh bit his lip, his bruising arms hugging him. "O-Onii-chan d-didn't t-tell you f-for a reason."

PJ's face hardened some, his eyes narrowing. He knew this was a lie, a small fib at the very least, but he couldn't force his uncle to tell him something he didn't want to tell. Honestly, he didn't want to force Fresh to do something like that. It would only foster resentment in the other, or distrust and fear. The ink skeleton didn't want that. He would kill himself before that ever happens.

"Fine, but you're staying till I know everything." The jock grumbled some. He then took a deep breath cupped Fresh's face, noticing the soft flinch that happened. "Please?" His voice softened at the end, his eyes changing with fear of loosing his new found family member.

The parasite quietly nodded, quietly leaning into the other's warm hand. It was comforting at the moment, so sweet and gentle.

However, he knew that wouldn't stay. Not if he was like Error.