L|Chapter SIX.

Onika Cookie Maraj.

FOR a grown woman who runs a multibillion dollar business, Beyoncé Knowles is a complete idiot when it comes to women.

My body was still shaking from the most amazing orgasm I’d ever experienced in my life when Micaiah stumbled upon us, giving Beyoncé crap for fooling around with a woman on the terrace. Not that I blame my brother. It’s such an Beyoncé thing to do and here she is, doing it with me.

Shocking.

I hate to admit it, but Beyoncé completely rocked my world. As in, no other person has ever made me come like that. Or come, period. I was ready to say yes to her asking me to come home with her. Passing up an opportunity to have sex with her after five amazing minutes with her fingers between my legs? I’m not stupid. I know sex with Beyoncé would’ve been amazing. I came so fast, it’s almost embarrassing.

Then Micaiah had to appear. And Beyoncé had to open her mouth and completely ruin the entire moment.

I’m an idiot to think there could ever be anything real between us. Whatever just happened surely meant nothing to her. An opportunity to get with me—get with any woman really—and mess around for a few minutes. She’s a known player.

And I just got played.

“I’m leaving soon,” Micaiah finally says, his gaze falling on me. Since I came with him to this stupid wedding, I know what he’s going to say next. “Are you ready to go, Onika?”

“Yes.” I nod and start toward my brother, barely withholding the gasp that wants to escape when Beyoncé reaches for my hand, her fingers tangling with mine for the briefest second before they fall out of her grasp.

I glance over my shoulder and glare at her. She looks pitiful. Worried. Sorry.

Good. She should be. Not that I care. I can’t believe anything that just happened between us was sincere. I should be incredibly embarrassed at what happened between us. I fooled around with Beyoncé. We almost got caught. Talk about a disaster waiting to happen.

“Call me Monday,” Micaiah tells Beyoncé as he rests his hand at my back, ready to guide me back toward the ballroom. “Let’s do lunch this week. You’re still coming to the city, right?”

“That’s my plan.” Beyonce’s deep voice resonates within me, and I repress the shudder that wants to take over. I refuse to react in front of Beyoncé. She doesn’t need any more evidence that she affects me.

“Great. Let’s definitely get together. See ya.”

“Hey,” Beyoncé says softly and my brother and I both still, though I refuse to turn around like Micaiah does. I don’t even want to look at Beyoncé , let alone talk to her. “Are you both headed back home tonight?”

“Well, yeah,” Micaiah says with a shrug.

“You should stay the night at my place. It’s not that far,” Beyoncé suggests, sounding innocent as all get out.

Micaiah glances at me and I glare back. Oh hell, no. I’m not staying the night at Beyoncé’s house. “I want to get home,” I whisper.