L|Chapter TWENTY-six.

Beyoncé BK Knowles.

"ROOM service sounds perfect," Onika says after a too long pause. Hell, for a minute there I thought she was going to say no.

It was slow at Hush, which worked out in my favor since I spent half of my time in Calistoga lately. Always with Onika by my side, helping me, offering her suggestions, guiding me when I went off track, me pushing her when she was being too conservative.

First day in, I realized pretty quickly we make a good team. There are enough differences between us which balance our personalities and allow us to work well together. Hard to notice when in the past, all we ever did was argue every time we came together.

But the arguing was a result of all that troublesome sexual attraction getting in the way. Not that it's disappeared. Hell no. But we're taking care of that issue every single night. We're both exhausted after a heavy and long workday, but we always make time for each other. In bed. Wrapped around each other, naked limbs entangled. My ultimate task of the day is making Onika moan with pleasure.

I'm falling for her. Hard. Fast. I don't want her to leave. She feels like a true partner in every sense of the word.

That scares the shit out of me.

Working side by side with Onika since she came here has been exhilarating. Getting to know her, watching her in her element has left me impressed. She may be young and at an early point in her career, but she's smart and instinctive, with excellent taste. Without a doubt, I know my resort is going to look unbelievable when we're finished.

I just hope we can wrap it all up and have it ready in the next few days. That's the only thing making me anxious.

Well, that and the fact that as soon as Lust opens, Onika's gone. Out of my life.

Fuck, that fills me with so much despair I can barely stand thinking about it. She doesn't think I'll stick. And sometimes I doubt myself too. I don't want to subject her or myself to a relationship that's doomed to fail.

But are we really doomed? I don't know. I'm so used to thinking that way, it's hard to believe anything else.

"So you want to get a room? Or eat here in the office then head on home?" I definitely don't want the formality of my office this evening, eating at my desk, talking business like we've been doing constantly since I've brought her here.

I want to be in a suite tonight, alone with her and shut off from the rest of the world. We can eat, plan our schedule for tomorrow, and then indulge in each other. My favorite part of the day is the nights. Being alone with Onika.

Being inside Onika.

How will I feel, though, when it's all over? Normally, with women, it's never an issue. Hell, I don't allow women to become this close to me ever. Their expectations grow to insurmountable proportions, and I'm left fending off their disappointment and sense of abandonment.

I have this feeling that with Onika, it will become difficult to let her out of my sight, let alone out of my life. I'll be the one with the sense of abandonment when she leaves me.

"How about I call the order in and you go get us a suite?" I suggest.

She smiles, her dark eyes sparkling. When she looks at me like that, I feel ten feet tall and like I can do no wrong. It's too easy, what we share.