Chapter 9

Nagito's POV

"Any requests?" I said, smiling at Hinata-kun. He thought for a few seconds and said "I'm... not sure... What about... Lost one's weeping?". He scratched the back of his head like he was waiting if I would agree. But, it's his request so i'll do it.

"Sure. It's your request after all" I said and started playing Lost one's weeping.

hawatari suu senchi no fushinkan ga
(distrust the centimeters of a blade)

ageku no hate joumyaku wo sashichatte
(pierces a vain in the end)

byoujaku na ai ga tobidasu monde
(and this weak love flies out,)

resupooru sae mo kyouki ni kaete shimaimashita
(transforming even a Les Paul into a deadly weapon)

noo fikushon
(it's non fiction)

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

honjitsu no shukudai wa mukosei na boku no koto
(today's homework is about me, with no individuality)

kafusoku nai fujiyuu nai saikin ni ikite ite
(not too much or too little, not inconvenient, that's how I've been living)

demo doushite bokutachi wa tokidoki ni iya mainichi
(but then why is it that we sometimes, no, everyday)

kanashii tte iunda sabishii tte iunda
(say that we're sad, and say that we're lonely?)

kokuban no kono kanji ga yomemasu ka
(can you read this kanji on the blackboard?)

ano ko no shinshou wa yomemasu ka
(can you read the mental images of that kid's heart?)

sono kokoro wo kuroku someta no wa
(the one who stained that heart black)

oi dare nanda yo oi dare nanda yo-
(hey, who did it? hey, who did it?)-

I quickly stopped singing when i heard a string break. I looked at the electric guitar and a broken string, maybe either I was using it too much, or I strummed it too hard. I didn't know what to do and looked at Hinata-kun. He was suprised and said "We shouldn't tell Souda about it. Bring it home and i'll buy a new one". He insisted but I didn't want him to waste money. "No, no. I'll buy it, I was the one who broke it after all" I said and removed the wires connected to the guitar and the black box.

"No, Komaeda. You've done too much for me. Let me buy it" I could tell he was getting a bit more irritated just by the tone of his voice. That gave me an idea to make him mad and make me buy it. A string for a guitar was expensive that maybe I thought Hinata-kun couldn't afford it.

"Hinata-kun.. A guitar string is expensive. Plus, you need to save your money for a good cause in the future" I said as I played the broken string for a bit.

I felt a small, sharp, pain on my finger. I stopped playing with the string and rubbed the spot where my finger got poked. I heard Hinata-kun groan. "Komaeda, don't worry about my savings, i'll be fine. And also, be careful" He said as he grabbed my hand to see if there was any blood coming out from my finger. He sighed and let go of my hand. I blushed at the thought of him kissing my finger.
'dumb thoughts. Just move onto another person or something!'

I sighed and gave up. It's hard to change Hinata-kun's mind. "Fine... But let me pay you bac-" I got cut off by Hinata-kun pinching my hand. I let a small yelp as I heard Hinata-kun say "Nag- Komaeda, no. You don't need to pay me back. I'm fine" I was confused of the first word he was going to say, but, I didn't mind it.

"NAGITO-CHAN! HAJIME-CHAN. WE'RE DONE MAKING DINNER" We heard Ibuki yell out. I stood up and went to Souda's dining room, leaving Hinata-kun behind. I sat on a chair and waited for the food.

The silverware were already set on the table, the glasses were filled with water and a lit candle on the middle of the table. I didn't get what was going on but there was one chair in the opposite of me.

Hinata-kun came and became shocked at what he was seeing. He looked mad and sat on the chair, crossing his arms. He looked like he was thinking of something but I didn't know what it was about.

Soon enough, Chiaki came out of the kitchen with our meal. She looked like she had a smirk on her face.

I felt so confused on what was going on. Chiaki put the the plate of food on the table. "Enjoy your meal, dads. We made this for you guys" She said in a jokingly way and left.

"What the fuck are they even planning?" Hinata-kun said in annoyance. I didn't know what to say and looked at the fire from the candle. It was oddly satisfying to watch it.

I heard footsteps from the kitchen so I turned to see who it was. And it was Ibuki with a fake mustache, holding a grey tray with 2 glasses of yellow liquid. "'Careful when drinking this" She said and winked at me. Something fishy was going on and I can't tell what it is.

I then looked at Hinata-kun, while Ibuki left, and said "Shall we start eating now? I'm hungry". "Yeah... Sure..." He said and started eating, I did too.

There was an awkward silence between us while we were eating. "So uh.... What do you wanna do after this?" I asked Hinata-kun. I wasn't very good at starting conversations. "I don't know. I was thinking of sleeping 'cause we still have school" He pointed out and continued eating. I sighed and finished my food

We were both done eating and started talking about random stuff. I looked at the yellow liquid inside the small, thin, glass, I still didn't know what it was but my curiosity took over me.

I took the glass and took a small sip of the yellow liquid. It tasted weird, maybe because I tried for the first time. "Hey, Komaeda. You're not supposed to drink that. It'll make you drunk. Give me it" Hinata-kun said and waited for me to give him the thin glass. "Drunk? What is this? Why are you going to drink it though?" I was confused but gave him the glass.

"Well, it will make you easily drunk since it's your first time. While, I, on the other hand, have already experienced this" He said and drank all the yellow liquid in one sip. He then got the other one and drank it.

I felt a bit dizzy but I didn't mind it. I must be sleepy. I stood up from my chair and said "Well, Hinata-kun. I'm feeling sleepy, i'll go home. See you tomorrow". Before I got to the door, I felt arms around my stomach. I was about to scream but I held it in and looked behind me.

"Don't leave me, Nagito~"

-----------------------------------
5/1/20

fucking squiggly line.
wait its may?- oh shit my bday is coming ;_;

1178 words