Chapter 15

(the song is a spoiler for *totally not the s- the prequel* to this, i added this cuz its sad and catchy. also, long chapter again so feel free to correct spellings or wrong grammars. I was too tired to edit this)

Hajime's POV

"I guess you weren't expecting me, were ya?" Komaeda said in an almost shaky voice. I started panicking 'What if he heard me and Junko's conversation?!'. I sighed and said "Yeah, I didn't expect you to be that quick with changing. Heh, maybe 'cause I said I was going to find you in 10 minutes?". I smirked as Komaeda started blushing, looking away. "I-I just d-didn't w-want you to s-see me s-shirtless.. I-I'm s-sorry..." He said as his soft and sensitive side was showing and started blushing more. All I did is chuckle but the thought of him overhearing the conversation makes me worry more. "We should go now, someone might catch us staying here than expected" I pointed out in a calm tone, softly grabbing Komaeda's hand and making our way home. There was an awkward silence when we were halfway there when I decided to break it, awkwardly saying "So uh... About the project thing... How's it going with it with Gundham?". I feel stupid after saying that, though I am curious to know how it was going considering that Gundham can be a bit pushy on him sometimes. For me and Sonia, it's going pretty well. No problems were really made. "Eh.. It's going okay.. But sometimes the hamsters can be handful. We're almost done with it though! Just gonna add a bit of stuff. How about you and Sonia?" Komaeda scratched the back of his neck. "It's going well. We're about to pass it tomorrow since you already know tomorrow's the deadline, right?" Komaeda's eyes widened and took out his phone, tapping on the screen fastly. It didn't take long before he sighed, maybe in relief. It wasn't that long enough that we made it to our neighborhood, the part where we part ways. Of course, me and Komaeda said our goodbyes and went inside our houses.

I went in my room and layed on my bed not minding to change my clothes. I was about to doze off when my phone received a notification. I took my phone, thinking it was a close friend who texted me. But it was not. It was Junko. It wasn't a text. It was a notification about Junko posting about our so called 'relationship'. It took me a few moments to figure out what felt wrong. And now I remembered Komaeda at the door a while ago. It wont be long until he finds out and be all gloomy and depressed like before.

'well shit'

I quickly scrolled through the comments to see if Chiaki, Souda or Ibuki saw it. Especially Komaeda. Most of the comments were just random people congratulating Junko and I, but that's not what I'm looking for. There was a specific comment that had caught my attention. It was emberrassing that someone had thought of me and him that way.

Anonymous
"damn, I thought Nagito and Hajime were dating. They look cute together"

I continued scrolling through the comment section, trying to forget what I saw. But, I couldn't get it off my mind. There was a part of me that wanted Komaeda all to myself and another part of me protesting to that idea. Honestly, I could agree with having Komaeda to myself a bit. At least it wasn't Junko if I had to choose between those two. I reached the end of the comment section and no comments from Chiaki, Souda or even Ibuki. Though, there was a possibility they saw this and just didn't leave a comment. Yeah maybe that's it. But what would they say to me the next time I see them?

I sighed and went to sleep. Trying to avoid the thought. It was hard to forget that this ever happened today. I wish this never happened. I wish I could turn back time and stop myself from leaving Komaeda. I wish Junko didn't fall for me. What am I even thinking? I should just sleep and ease my anger.