Chapter 4- My Life Is Changed

Every thing else happened in stages. The first time I woke up, people were yelling and there was blood everywhere. The second time I was being rushed back in the doctors office I was at before. The third time I think I was in the middle of some tests, and now I woke up again to see two police officers auguring.

"How do we tell her, but she is nineteen so technically she is a legal adult."

"A nineteen year-old with cancer, Officer Dickson."

I tried to move a little to show I was awake.

"Oh hello dear," the girl officer said.

"What's going on?"

What I said was barely audible, but they seemed to understand.

"You got in a car crash, but I'm not here to explain the injuries."

This time the man officer spoke.

"Then what are you here for," I said, worry piling up in my gut.

"We are very sorry," the asshole paused for some shit like dramatic effect, "Your father has died in the car crash. Sitting in the front impacted him the most, but you are a legal adult so there is no need for the foster system."

I didn't know what to think. I have always hated my father, but I needed him. He payed for everything that involved my cancer. I didn't even have a job. I always expected to live with him until I could support myself, and now I could most definitely not.

"Did he leave me anything, like the house, money," I said like a bitch, but I didn't know what else to ask, and like I said, I never loved him but I needed him and I can bet he felt the same way.

The officers looked at me in shock like they were expecting me to cry or some other shit.

"Um, we are very sorry ma'am, but no."

Then Sean walked through the door with Dr. Richardson. Wow, I was seeing him everywhere today, but this time he wasn't smiling.

"If you could excuse use officers, we have to explain her condition to her," Dr. Richardson said, thankfully.

"Yes, thank you doctor," one of the officers said as they left the room.

"First of all, we are very sorry about your father, but we do have some other news for you. Your injures are not bad at all, we can release you tomorrow, but, the cancer in your body has spread fatally so. We can go into immediate surgery and see if it will improve your health, or we can wait while you take your medications and hope for the best."

They finally told me I was going to die. So much for the money, I didn't need it anymore.

"So technically your saying I could go into surgery and wait to die or just wait to die?"

The doctor winced, "Well no. We wait to see if you get better or um... pass."

"I would rather wait to die," I replied unaffected.

"So no surgery," the doctor stated, "Very well, you will be released tomorrow. Oh and do you have a place to stay?"

Oh shit.

"Um, not at the moment, but I am sure I can find one," I replied quickly.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but at your condition, I cannot release you without another adult."

"I can take her home," Sean said, "I have a fine apartment, big enough for the two of us."

Oh hell to the no.

"Thanks, but I'll pass," I said quickly, not wanting to go home with a stranger.

"Oh trust me, Sean is a good guy, but if you do not want to accept his offer, then you will have to stay here, or maybe we can send you down to Five Oaks," Dr. Richardson said.

There was no fucking way I would go to a retirement home.

"No, no I will take up on your offer Sean, but for only a night."

"Awesome," he smiled, "I will see you tomorrow," and with that he left.

My father died, my cancer has spread fatally, and I am so messed up, I am going home with a stranger. My life could not get any better.
~~~~~
A/N- YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I've been waiting sooooooo long to write this!!!! ITS FINALLY GETTING GOOD!!!!! OMFG!!!!!! Ok so maybe I'm bragging, but I'm sooo excited!! ANDDD I POSTED EARLY SO YOU DIDNT HAVE TO WAIT SUPER LONG!! Ohh and I will try to post every day, BUTTTTTT I have exams next week soooo I might not post EVERY day next week, but I'll try to post tomorrow!!!! Read and vote!!
Good Morning Huns 😘
-Ronnie