Chapter 10

We were both young when I first saw you

I close my eyes, and the flashback starts

Today is my sixth birthday, and I'm wearing a cute light blue gown like Cinderellie! Papa's friends are all here and they are scary :(( there's a crowd in this place, and every man has guns their own gun, I don't feel like this is my birthday anymore because it feels like its a gun party.

There are guns. Big guns. Not fake ones.

Papa told me to keep my distance to them, but I didn't know why. I mean, it's my birthday, but why do I have attendees who aren't even acquaintances with me?

I'm standing there

Halos wala akong ka-edad dito! Ayoko dito! I kept on kuliting my kuya Melchi, but he's busy playing gun-gun with my kuya Panther.

"Papa, sobrang out of place ako." Malungkot ko siyang nilapitan, sobrang out of place po ako sa sarili kong kaarawan.

On a balcony in summer air

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns

He ignored me, tapos he smiled at the man as same as his change that's with a boy. And he looks like kuya Melchi's age.

See you make your way through the crowd

"Tornado, this is Dianah." Tito Anton introduced me to his first born, "Dianah, this is Tornado."

He walked closer and say, "Hello." to me three times, but I didn't greet him back.

I'm six years old, and he's eleven. My parents told me that I will be with tito Anton and kuya Tornado for me to be trained.

I gazed at kuya Tornado's face, and he's pogi like my brothers. Kaso he's nakasimangot, so he's pangit na.

"Why don't you play with Tornado, Hana?" Pang uuto saakin ni papa. I told him that I didn't want to pero parang wala siyang paki-alam.

Kuya Tornado held my hand at hindi ako nakagalaw sa gulat. Omeyged, Hana!

You can't have a crush him because he's old! Omeyged to the max!

He led me by hand, and brought me on the playground. We were alone because they are no other children around here!

Hindi na ako nakatanggi because we're already here in the playground.

And say, "Hello" na naman. for the fourth and fifth time.

"Hello," he greeted me again, and gave me his gift, "Happy birthday, beautiful." and.. he smiled.

Mangha ko rin siyang nginitian, "Kuya! Ang ganda po ng ngipin niyo!" Ako kayang toothpaste niya?

"Do you go the dentist everyday, kuya?"

But his smile vanished, "Why is mine rib-rib? Or what do you call that?" I didn't really know, so I just shrugged.

"Don't call me 'kuya', Hana. Ayoko."

Why is he nakasimangot ba? "But you are way too old, kuya."

Little did I know

He got pissed so he took back his gift and threw it one by one to a distant, "Fuck it." I heard him say.

That you were Romeo,

"Fuck it, she's just a child, Tornado." Rinig kong bulong niya ulit.

Huh? What does fuck it means?

Omeyged, I'm so confused!!

you were throwing pebbles