Chapter 17

[revised]

Isang mahabang katahimikan ang bumalot saaking tenga bago ito sumagot, "Not really. Because of that lemongrass, her body reacted badly. During the operation a few minutes before you called me, her BP went down, but... she regained it."

Isang mahabang katahimikan ang narinig ko bago siya muling nagsalkta, "And by the way, the bullet with a lemongrass is not from our country."

After hearing that, I instantly pulled the phone away from my ear and placed it on speaker, ".. It's one of the top deadliest bullets in Europe, but you can't ship and buy one in the Philippines, so the culprit must have visited European countries before this incident."

Naintindihan naman kaagad ni Rain ang kanyang narinig kaya napakamot nalang ito, "I don't know if that made sense or what, but I just want to tell you that info since you're the husband." Rinig kong pagpapatuloy ni Panther.

"Copy that—" bago pa man ako nakapagsalita ng tuluyan ay may sinabi muli si Panther mula sa kabilang linya, "One more thing, bro... keep on praying. Your wife is in a stable condition right now." Aniya, at kahit hindi ko siya nakikita, alam kong nakangiti ito saakin ngayon.

Tipid akong napangiti nang ipaalala niya saaking kasal na kami ni Hana. "My baby is a fighter, Panther. Keep her safe; Don't let your guard down."

"Okay.. just don't do anything stupid whole Hana's away— I'll hang up now." For Panther, anything stupid means killing a person because it's not valid. We don't actually have a right to kill, but we're still doing it.

I... I don't give a damn.

Rain patted my shoulder and gave me another cup of coffee.

LIGHT called me saying that they found Venus' body dumped at the forest near MPHQ.

Rain and I rapidly walked our way there. Naabutan ko si Venus na buhay ngunit walang malay.

Her body is full of bruises and scars. Iniangat ko siya gamit ang isang kamay saka siya sinampal, "Tangina mo!" Pagmumura ko sakanya.

Ibinagsak ko siya't unti-unti itong nagkamalay, "Wake up, bitch!" Sigaw ko, ngunit nawalan muli ito ng malay. I grabbed her hair, "You hurt my wife, you die." but it looked like it didn't affect her at all.

I was about to drag her up again, but Rain stopped me, "What happened?" Tanong pa niya kay Sunny na kasalukuyang ginagamot ang sugat ni Venus... she's not even worth it.

I f*cking regret letting her accepting her in the mafia. Curse her! Kung hindi ito nawala kanina... t4ngina kung sumipot sana siya, edi hindi sana nasa ospital ang asawa ko'

Umiling si Sunny sakanyang kapatid, "Looks like she was also abducted— battered to be exact."

Venus' red hair is a mess, and so is her face. Walang siyang tama ng bala pero mukhang itinali ang kanyang mga kamay at paa saka siya binugbog.

She's still fully clothed, meaning she wasn't raped. I examined her body just by looking at it, and found out that there were no signs of struggle at all.

Did she willingly play the role of a victim? I won't buy any of her useless alibis.

Saglit na tumigil si Sunny para harapin ako, "Her wounds ain't fresh, but there are no signs of struggle. Both of her and ankle are swollen but it's just because the thing they used to tie her were so tight."