𝐢𝐯. chapter four

CHAPTER FOURboneyard beer brawls▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER FOUR
boneyard beer brawls
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     SEEING THE DEAD BODY OF SCOOTER GRUBS WAS AN IMAGE DAKOTA DEFINITELY WANTED TO GET RID OF. after getting over the initial shock that he was indefinitely the owner of the sunken boat of the grady-white, the five teens found them back at john b's on his porch.

     they were all interrupted from their racing thoughts by pope storming through the door, "okay. so um, we didn't see anything. we don't know anything. we need to have total and complete amnesia." pointing at each of them.

     "actually, pope's right for once." jj acknowledged. "see i agree with you sometimes." he stood up pointing at each of his friends, "deny, deny, deny, deny."

     kiara sighed, "guys, we can't keep that money."

     jj rolled his eyes as he leaned against the screen. "okay. not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, kiara."

     "we have to pass that off to lana grubbs." kiara insisted. "otherwise it's bad karma."

     disagreeing, dakota finally spoke up from her spot next to kiara, "well i don't believe in karma, so i say we keep the money." god only knew how much she could use money like that. she knew her friends could too. working at the country club didn't pay enough for her to stay financially stable and continue to pay for all the groceries that she rarely ever got to eat half the time seeing as her brother usually devoured them all.

     kiara looked at the girl in disbelief. usually dakota always supported the right thing which was giving the money to lana.

     "bad karma to be implicated into a felony, too." pope insisted giving dakota a pointed look. "we gotta go dark."

     walking over to the door, jj chimed in with his opinion. "if that means we get to keep the money, then i agree."

     pushing himself off the screen, john b pats jj on the shoulder. "i don't agree."

     "what? why?" jj asked. usually john b always agreed with jj so this came as a shock.

     "just think about it." john b insisted. "this is scooter grubbs we're talking about, right? same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the porthole. shit, one time i saw this dude begging for change in the save-a-lot parking lot because he needed gas. we're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than forty bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden he's got a grady-white? just sayin'."

     dakota was confused. if scooter usually had such little amounts of money, how does one suddenly have so much in cash? her thoughts were interrupted by realizing she was now the only one left on the porch.

     jogging out the door she caught up with the crew as they were hanging around the dock. she found herself sitting on the deck by jj's legs as john b continued with his theories.