i

darkness.

darkness was all shuichi saw when he opened his eyes.

"Argh," he groaned. his head was in pain. there were a few streaks of light shining through what seemed like a locker.

shuichi stumbled out of the narrow locker to be greeted by a loud scream. "Ah! Who are you?" the blonde girl in front of him asked, taking a step back.

"Huh?" shuichi shook his head. he stood up and started to analyse the girl in front of him.

"A-ah, did you k-kidnap me?" he said, shaken up. "What? No way!" the girl said defensively. "I was kidnapped and brought here too! Don't jump to assumptions so quick." the girl crossed her arms and pouted.

"A-ah, sorry," shuichi blurted. he awkwardly covered his face with the hat he always wore. "Anyways, my name is Kaede Akamatsu! The ultimate pianist, how about you?"

"Oh, um, my name is Shuichi Saihara, the ultimate detective." shuichi said.

"Really? A detective? That's so cool! Maybe you could figure out why we're here?" Kaede said, full of hope.

"W-well, I only solved a murder case before the police and they started calling me the ultimate detective. I don't really deserve my title," shuichi stated.

"Oh. Well, that's okay! If you figured out a murder case before the police did, that's still really impressive!" Kaede exclaimed.

"T-thanks," shuichi smiled nervously.

"Rise and shine ursine!" a chorus of voices were suddenly heard.

"H-huh?" shuichi stuttered.

"Hello!" what appeared to be a blue talking stuffed toy bear greeted.

"Wow! A talking toy bear?" Kaede asked.

"We are not the Monokubs, we are stuffed animals!" the blue one said loudly.

"Idiot! You said your lines backwards." the one wearing glasses shook his head.

"Sorry!"

"As that idiot was saying, we are not stuffed animals, we are the Monokubs," the one wearing glasses continued.

"My name is Monosuke, that idiot over there is Monokid, the red one is Monotaro, the pink one is Monophanie and the green one is Monodam."

"Hello!" Monophanie waved.

"..." Monodam did not say anything.

"Excuse him, he doesn't talk to anybody unless they are close to him!" Monotaro suddenly spoke up.

"Anyways, everyone is gathering at the gym, please go there immediately!"

"So long, bear well!"

"Hm, that was strange," Kaede started. "But we should probably find the gym and get there."

"Y-yeah, sure.." shuichi nodded.

| timeskip to the first murder |

"Hm.." shuchi glanced at the dead corpse belonging to rantaro amami. he didn't deserve to die, he was still young just like shuichi and the others.

"Heya!"

"A-ah!" shuichi looked over his shoulder.

"Aww, did I scare Saihara-chan?"

Kokichi cheekily grinned. "K-Kokichi? What's up?" shuichi said, pulling his hat down to avoid eye contact. "Aw, Shuichi! Are you nervous to be around little old me?" Kokichi put his hands on his head again.

"Ah, no. I-it's just that-" Kokichi cut him off. "It's okay, Saihara-chan! Nishishi!"

a pint of light pink spread across the taller male's face. "S-so, what are you doing here Ouma?" kokichi let out a small giggle and smiled once again.

"Oh, nothing! I just wanted to investigate with my favourite detective!" kokichi smiled.

something about that smile made shuichi warm on the inside. "Ah, sure. I was just examining Rantaro's body one final time to check for external injuries." kokichi nodded and kneeled next to shuichi.

|after the class trial|

everyone was devastated from kaede's execution. it was brutal. she was hanged and died from asphyxiation. and then was crushed by a spiky wall. Monokid was pushed by Monodam and died, too. But no one really cared.

"Kaede, she didn't deserve to die!" Tsumugi said, looking down.

"Rantaro, too." gonta said.

"None of them deserved to die, but I think it would be best if we moved on." Kirumi spoke up. "You're right," shuichi agreed. they still had to move forward no matter what.

"Atua agrees too!" Angie said, as cheerful as always. "Shut up with your Atua shit already," Miu spat. after that, they all returned to their  dorms. i mean, most of them.

shuichi was returning to his door when he felt a small tug on his lower back. "Huh?" he turned around to be met with kokichi. "O-oh, Kokichi. What can I do for you?" The two stared at eachother for a minute.

"U-uh, K-Kokichi..?" shuichi said, his face reddened. "Oh! Right, sorry. Hehe!" Kokichi suddenly snapped out of his daydream.

"Anyways, I'm here cuz I lost my room key. Soooo, I was wondering if I could stay with my Saihara-chan for the night?" kokichi asked, smiling as always.

"A-ah, sure.." shuichi said as he unlocked his dorm room and let the shorter male in.

"Wow, Shuichi! Your room is so clean!" kokichi said, looking around. "T-thanks?" shuichi replied, stuttering as always. "Aw, did I make my Shumai stutter?" kokichi giggled.

"S-shumai?" shuichi said, as red as a beetroot. "Nishishi, yep! You like it?" shuichi remained silent and decided to change. He took out a pair of pants and a T-shirt and was taking off his shirt when he remembered kokichi was here.

"A-ah! I'm so sorry! I forgot you were behind me!" Shuichi said, covering his face. "Nishishi! You already want to go there Shuichi? You haven't even asked me out yet!"

"S-shut up," Shuichi said as he walked into the bathroom.

Kokichi's POV

Man, Saihara sure is fun to toy with! He doesn't even know my room key is inside my pockets. I just lied so I could spend time with him!

"K-Kokichi, I'm done changing.. Do you need spare clothes?"

I looked up to see Shuichi. "Hm, sure! If you don't mind." Shuichi walked up to his closet and got out a shirt. "U-um, it's a bit big.." Shuichi started. "That's okay! I guess I don't have to wear pants tonight." A deep red spread across Shuichi's face. This was the perfect chance to tease him.

"Is Shuichi Saihara, the shy, emo boy thinking of dirty things with me?" I asked, walking towards him. "W-what? N-no! It's not like that!" Shuichi said blocking me.

We were both inches apart now. I traced my finger on his chest. "If you say so..Shumai~" I looked up at him. We were really close. I decided to stop.

"Well, good night!" I said walking back to the bed. "I-I'll sleep on the floor.." Shuichi said, still blushing madly. "Here are some pillows! Good night Saihara-chan!" I threw some pillows down at him.

"Good night, Kokichi."