iii

shuichi's pov

i was walking back to my dorm when i remembered the note kokichi wrote. i entered the dorm and took out the note from the clothes i wore this morning. 'thank you for letting me stay at your dorm shumai! can't wait when we move in together!'

i blushed. he was probably just toying with me, like he always does. i brushed my teeth and went to bed.

|timeskip after the 2nd trial|

"nyeh.." himiko looked down gloomily. even tenko didn't respond. kirumi was executed by climbing a rope with thorns and then being cut by gigantic gear-like razors. then finally, when she reaches the top, she falls to her doom.

"Nishishi.."

I looked over at kokichi, everyone did the same. "How could you be laughing at a time like this, degenerate male!" tenko said, threatening to punch kokichi.

"you all say i'm a liar, right?"

"but there's a liar worst than me hiding among you guys."

"n-nyeh?" himiko looked up. "you mean the mastermind, right?" tsumugi asked. "no, not the mastermind."

kokichi's pov

"haven't you all noticed?" i asked.

"each and every one of you have ultimate talents. but there is one person that stands out and that person is- drumroll please!"

"Maki Harukawa! The ultimate child caregiver, or should i say, the ultimate a- agh!"

shuichi's pov (again lmao)

suddenly, maki ran up to kokichi and grabbed him by the neck, holding him in the air. "a-agh!" kokichi choked.

"maki! put him down, please!" i yelled, but she ignored me. "g-gah... y-y'know, th-this is an interesting t-turn of events.." kokichi tried to smile. "b-but, would you really...k-kill me infront of everyone..?" kokichi gasped.

"maki! what's going on?" kaito yelled.

"y-yeah..you can probably...snap my neck like a twig right now..." kokichi continued. " but that's..not your style...y-you would rather...kill from the shadows..."

"maki! please stop!" i could hear myself yelling.

"right...miss ultimate assassin?"

"gh!" kokichi began to choke. "maki! put him down or he'll die!" i shouted, in tears. she looked at me and finally let go of her grasp. then, she just ran off.

"maki! wait!" kaito said chasing after her. everyone else followed. "k-kokichi..?" i looked at him. "saihara-chan? why're you still here?" he asked, sitting upright.

"because i'm your friend."

***

"do you need more water..?" i asked him, nervously. kokichi shook his head.

"aww, shuichi! you don't have to help me, nishishi! i'm the ultimate supreme leader, after all!" kokichi giggled. "now's not the time to be joking, kokichi." i said, looking at him.

"you almost died!" i said, finally cracking, tears running down my face.

for a moment, but only a moment, kokichi looked guilty. but he noticed that and tried to change. "god, kokichi! would you stop hiding behind a mask?" i yelled.

"you..you have no idea how much you mean to me and here you are! just fooling around, having a high chance someone would murder you. do you even care?" i was screaming now.