v

"h-huh?" shuichi stuttered as kokichi walked closer to him. each step kokichi took forward, shuichi took a step backwards.

thud!

shuichi had bumped into the wall. "aw, shumai, you can't escape from me, y'know.." kokichi teased. they were inches away now.

"gh! kokichi?" shuichi hesitated.

"gotcha!" kokichi giggled. "h-huh?"

"nee hee-hee! what did ya think i was gonna do, shuichi?" kokichi grinned. "n-nothing.." shuichi mumbled. kokichi suddenly took out a knife and dragged shuichi to a nearby table.

"kokichi?" shuichi said in shock. "hmm?" kokichi didn't look up. "why do you have a knife..?"

"oh? oh! we're gonna play the knife game, duh." kokichi calmly said. "k-knife game?!" shuichi took a step back. "mhm! it's a game where someone spreads their hand on a table and stabs the empty spaces between the fingers with a knife, trying not to stab the fingers." kokichi explained.

"w-wait-" kokichi cut him off. "nee- heehee! i'll start first!" kokichi giggled as he spread his hand on the table.

chop, chop, chop, chop-

"ow!"

shuichi glanced at kokichi's hand. his ring finger was bleeding. "a-ah..!" shuichi yelled. "are you okay, kichi?" kokichi grinned. "kichi? aw, thanks for the nickname shumai! but, i'd prefer if you could help bandage my finger?"

"ah, right.." shuichi said, dragging kokichi to his room. "i found some bandaids.." shuichi carelessly helped aid kokichi's finger. "thank you, shuichi saihara!" kokichi grinned.

"it's no problem," shuichi responded, his face reddening. "anywayss, see ya, shuichi!"

***
kokichi tossed and turned that night. it was raining and he couldn't sleep for some reason.

yawn.

kokichi got up and went to the dining hall for a glass of water. "mmm- h-huh!" kokichi rubbed his eyes. infront of him stood a certain tall, navy haired guy. "oh, hey shuichi.." kokichi looked up, exhausted.

"kokichi? what're you doing out so late at night?"

"i could ask the same about you." kokichi said. "i was just going to get a glass of water, no biggie!" kokichi said as he walked past shuichi.

"you can't sleep, can you?"

kokichi turned around once more. "ding ding ding! mr detective got it right again!" kokichi teased in a weak voice. "w-well, i couldn't sleep either. so i was wondering if you'd like to sleep with me..?"

"oh? that quick?" kokichi said, having a sudden burst of energy. shuichi's face grew red. "ah, not that way! i could sleep on the floor again.."

"nishishi! i was just teasing, let's go, shuichi!" kokichi took shuichi by the hand and dragged him to his room. "k-kokichi!" shuichi yelled, flustered.

click click click..

"nee-heehee! there we go!" kokichi patted shuichi's head. or tried to.

"did you just..pick my lock?" shuichi started laughing. "hey! what's so funny?" kokichi pouted.

"my door was already unlocked," shuichi continued laughing. "mmf..!" kokichi's face had a red tint. "it's okay, ouma-kun. let's just go in."

***

squish, squish, squish..

shuichi opened his eyes and saw a familiar purple haired boy poking his cheeks. "heeyyy! you're finally up, sleepyhead!" kokichi laughed.

"well, you can go to the dining hall now. i need to change-" kokichi cut him off. "why can't i see you change saihara-chan?" kokichi asked innocently.

"e-eh?!" shuichi shook his heads and hand together. "nishishi! i was kidding shuichi! i'll be exiting now, try not to miss me too much!"

shuichi stood up and rubbed his eyes. he got ready and went to the dining hall. "hey sidekick!" kaito waved to shuichi.

"hey kaito," shuichi smiled at him. "i was wondering if maki roll and you would like to train today? it feels like forever since we last trained." kaito requested.

"sure kaito! courtyard?" kaito nodded and waved goodbye to shuichi.

"shu. ichi. sai. hara!" shuichi turned around. "oh, hey kokichi.",

"heeyyy! you should be honoured the ultimate supreme leader is talking to you! i just wanted to ask if you would like to hang out?" kokichi grinned.

"sure," shuichi agreed. "yay! follow me!" kokichi said as he ran out of the dining hall.

kokichi ran to the garden, along with shuichi. "ah, why are we here?" shuichi asked. kokichi just smiled in return.

"let's play another game!" kokichi finally said after staring at shuichi for a good five seconds. "what game?"

"let's play... rusian roulette!"

"w-wait! we might die though!" shuichi said. "hm, you're right. let's play rock paper scissors then! if i win, i'll kill you. if you win, you get to live!" kokichi giggled.

"wai-" before shuichi could say anything more, kokichi started chanting the words. "rock paper scissors...shoot!" both males held out scissors. "aw man, we tied!" kokichi pouted.

"oh well, you're lucky mr detective!" kokichi grinned. "by the way.. did you know there's a way to put out the same thing as the other in rock paper scissors?"

kokichi put both hands behind his head. "hey, kokichi? wanna go for a walk?" shuichi suggested. kokichi was stunned for a moment, but agreed.

"sure shuichi! after all, i have to get to know my future husband more!" kokichi teased. shuichi just blushed in respond.

stop teasing me kokichi..

"saihara-chan! i'm tired.. can we sit down pleaseeeee?" kokichi said as he searched for a bench. "c'mon, saihara-chan! sit with me!"

shuichi strode over to the bench kokichi was sitting on. "hmm.. saihara-chan...." kokichi began to talk. by then, shuichi's eyes were already getting heavy. "eh? shuichi? what'cha doing?" kokichi asked, alarmed.

shuichi's head had fallen on kokichi's shoulder. shuichi acknowleged this but was too tired.

"yoohoo! saihara-chan?" kokichi waved.

"good night, kichi."

kokichi's pov

kokichi was suprised by the sudden movement. shuichi had fallen asleep on the small boy's shoulder. kokichi glanced at shuichi.

he looked so peaceful, so calm, so..cute. a small smile was plastered on kokichi's face. not his usual smiles, a real smile.

the small boy was also drained out of energy. soon, his eyes closed and doze off.

***
author's note : sorry if this chapter was a little shorter. i just didn't want 3 days to past in a simple chapter.