Chapter 26

"Chresanto! Chresanto!" I waved a hand in front of my boyfriend's face with a worried expression. Chresanto blinked twice before finally looking at me.

I held Amari on my hip and smiled softly. "Are you okay? You spaced out." I asked. Chresanto smiled back and nodded. "Yea, sorry.. I was just thinking..." Chresanto scratched the back of his head and sighed. "About what?"

I tilted my head and sat the little girl down. Amari giggled and ran around the living room giggling. She ran over to her toys and plopped down.

Chresanto watched his daughter with love then he finally looked back at me. "About her...and her mother.." He sheepishly smiled. "Oh.." I sat on his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. He gladly wrapped his arms around me and smiled.

"You never told me what she was like." I stated. Chresanto furrowed his brows. "You want me to?" I nodded. "Well..yeah." Chresanto nodded and tilted his head up as if he was thinking of what to say next.

"Well..Her name was Denise..and we met at-" He chuckled. "We met at Walmart..she bumped into me and dropped a piece of glass she was gonna buy.." Chresanto smiled at the moment. "I remember she felt so guilty, she kept apologizing. I ended up paying for the piece of broken glass even after she insisted she could..but I couldn't let her. She ended up giving me her number and I knew from that day forward that I wanted to see more of her." He explained with a grin.

I smiled at him. "She must've made you really happy." I giggled as I shifted in his lap. He nodded. "She did. But now you and Amari do." He explained as he planted a soft kiss on my lips. "Tell me more. What was she like."

"Denise was a reserved type. She was kind, loving, smart, and overall just a beautiful person. Before I met her..I used to party all the time and I mean every night..but after we began dating, all I wanted to do was stay inside and be with her. I didn't want anything else. She was perfect."

Chresanto sighed. "After a year of dating she told me she was pregnant and when I tell you I was the happiest man ever, I was."

I watched with love as Chresanto explained his baby momma. "I couldn't believe I was going to be a dad but one night she woke up saying that she was in labor...I knew...I knew it couldn't be right because she was only 7 months at the time....she thought it was her water that broke but when I turned the light on all I saw was red. She was bleeding and we were both terrified. We didn't know what to do. So I rushed her to the hospital. Hours later the doctor told us we lost a child."

I could tell this was a sensitive topic for him as his eyes glossed over as if he was about to cry. I took my thumb and wiped a stray tear that fell down his cheek. I had no clue that Chresanto lost a child. It was truly heartbreaking to hear. I couldn't imagine what him or Denise went through at that time.

"Baby, we don't have to talk about this anymore if you don't want to.." I explained but he he shook his head. "No, you deserve to know."

"Denise and I cried for months..we were miserable. My brother tried to get me to come out to parties to get my mind off it but I couldn't. I had to be there for Denise. We were in it together." Chresanto rubbed my thigh slowly.

"3 years past after that and Denise told me once again that she was pregnant! I knew this was a sign. This was God giving us another chance. We did everything we could to keep her and the baby safe and nine month later Amari was born...although I guess there...t-there is a price to pay and it was Denise.."

Chresanto sniffled as he told the story. I smiled sadly as I rubbed his back once more. "Denise died that night and I was devastated for weeks. I was now a young single father with no money. That when Romelo let us stay with him. I knew from that moment on that I had to grind. I worked 3 jobs to save up money for us. And I was almost at my goal until...until...he kicked us out..He kicked Amari and I out just for his girlfriend..."

Chresanto sighed and pulled me close. "I used all the money I saved up to rent our motel rooms and buy diapers and food for Amari until I ran out and that when..."

"I found you." I smiled. Chresanto smiled back and nodded. "You found me and I couldn't be more grateful for that..." I leaned down and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"Ewww! Daddy and Jacob sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-...uhhh...uh...daddy how do you spell kissing?" Chresanto and I chuckled. "Come here baby.." He chuckled.

Amari quickly dropped her dolly and ran over to us. He scooped her up and aced her beside me on his lap. He held both of us with so much love and care.

"I love both of you.." He mumbled.

"We love you too baby." I kisses him once more.

"Ewwie! Get a room daddy!" We all laughed at the little girl.

"Well! Whose hungry?"

Y'all..I'm not saying I'm back because technically this book is discontinued but... :) I just wanted to surprise y'all with one last chapter because I won't update anymore because I'm just not into Mindless Behavior anymore like I used to be when I started this book. And I know this technically isn't a ending but oh well 🤷🏽‍♀️. -Alliyah

Stay Spiffy!