Chapter 4

Chresanto,

Jacob set 2 plates down on his huge table along with 3 cookie sheets that contained lots of food. "Go on sit" he said sitting down with Ketchup,hot sauce, barbeque sauce, and Tatar sauce. I sat Amari on my lap. "Well...dig in" he said grabbing the tongs and getting fries. I grabbed the other pair and started to get food. "Is that enough princess?" I asked her. She nodded and smiled at me. I could see Mr.Perez smiling at the corner of my eye. "What do you want?" I asked. She pointed to the ketchup. Mr.Perez handed it over. "Thank you..." I said lowly. "Mhmm" he ate a cheese stick. I squirted a lot of ketchup on the plate and watched as Amari began to eat. I began to eat 5 minutes after her. I always let her get first dibs no matter what cause shes more important than me. she is my life.

"You know, I would think a rich, business man like you would eat something fancy" I chuckled. "Omg, I hate business men like that, like they know they want a piece of KFC." He said laughing. Amari giggled as she teared the skin off her chicken nuggets.

"Mr.Perez I wanna thank you for letting us stay here" I said eating my shrimp. "Its the least I can do" he said drinking his SunnyD. Amari went for ours. I picked it up for her and let her drink. After she was done she continued to eat.

"So do you mind telling me why you're on the streets?" I sighed and stopped eating. "Me and Amari were living with my brother,Romelo.... Our parents never loved us so we moved into his house. His girlfriend, kaelyn is a complete bit-" I looked at Amari eating. "Liar, she lies and tells my brother things that I didn't say or do, when I tried to tell him he didn't believe me so he kicked me out for accusing of lying." I drunk the orange juice.

"I hate liars, they just erk me" he shook his head and put more food on his plate. "We can get more!?" Amari asked looking shocked. "Of course sweetie" Mr.Perez added more hot sauce on his plate. "Daddy, can I get more?" She asked giving me puppy eyes. "Yea, of course princess" I gave her more chicken nuggets and fries.

After dinner Amari was tired. "Well...um Chres, I have a meeting at 7 in the morning so I guess I'll just go to bed." He said standing from the couch. "You and Amari can stay in here and watch TV or go in the guest room, which is down the hall on the left" He pointed. "Thank you Mr.Perez" I nodded and turned off his tv, picking up Amari and walking to the room. I opened the door and turned on the light. The room was HUGE.

I sat Amari in the bed and tucked her in the wine colored blanket. I kissed her forehead. "Sweet dreams, princess" I do this every night even when we were in that box. I laid on my side of the bed a cut the lamp off. This is our first time in 3 months that we slept in a comfy bed again.

Jacob,

I watched as Chresanto tucked in Amari and kissed her forehead. "Sweet dreams,princess" he whispers and gets on the other side of the bed. 'He really is a great father' I thought to myself as I walked to my room.