Prologue - Some Street Rat knocked me down!

"I would rather go to a party" I roll my eyes at my Mother, fixing my hair in my mini mirror. "Why can't I go to the party?" I whine.

"Kylie you have responsibilities here. One day you are going to be Queen and you are going to need to know how to handle your people" She yanked the mirror from my hand.

"Hey! I was using that" I scoff.

"Get dressed" She exited my room taking my mirror with her. My Mother tries everyday to shift me into something I'm not. Why can't she just have another daughter so she can be Queen? I can't focus on the needs of all these villagers; I won't have time for myself. I suck my teeth and call for Sandra.

"Yes Princess" She appeared after 5 minutes.

"I need for you to snatch me a dress that shouts 'Fabulous'" I titter.

"All of your dress shout 'Fabulous' I need for you to be more specific dear"

"Okay um" I place my fingers on my chin thinking of what to wear. "A green dress with those new green heels I got this morning" I grin.

"You've gotten 5 new green heels this morning" She explains.

"Dammit Sandra pick any one, Once I look good" I play with my hair modeling.

"Yes Princess" she left to go in my closet.

"You know you could be nicer" Tatti flew around my ear. Tatti's been with me since I was a baby. Every wizard has a destined fairy who sticks with them for their lifetime. Tatti is a few thousand years old, she's the youngest of them all.

"And you could stop telling me what to do" I swat her away.

"You are by far the meanest witch I've ever been assigned to" She fold her arms glaring.

"I'm going to turn you into a puppet if you don't go away. And I'm not a witch, I am a wizard." I glare at her.

"Fine!" She disappeared out of thin air. Tatti can really get me riled up when she's ready. She can be more vexing than my Mother sometimes.

"Here you go Princess" she brings me the clothes I requested.

"Oh Thank You Sandra" I peck her cheek. "These are really cute, I think my taste in fashion is starting to rub off on you" I giggle.

"Catering to you for 17 years sure gives me some tips" she laughs. "Do you need anything else Princess?"

"Only for you to zip this dress up" I try to put on the dress. "Is it just me or is this dress questionably tight?"

"I think it's just you" Sandra laughs and I hear someone call her name.

"I'll be back later Princess" she left. I sit down by my vanity mirror and apply some light makeup, just enough to make me glow. I put on my heels and packed my purse with the necessities.

"Princess, the King and Queen are ready for you" My butler entered and informed me. I made my way down the castle where I see the love of my life chatting with my father by the staircase.

"There she is" My father smiles when he sees me.

"Hello Father" I kiss him on the cheek.

"Princess" Ellis bowed to me. Ellis and I have been dating for 3 months now, we met while I was traveling with my parents to our neighbor's Kingdom. I got lost suspiciously traveling in the forest and he lead me back to my neighbor's castle.

"Ellis" I beamed.

"We need to get going" My mother galloped towards us saying. The guards led us to our carriage and we made our way to the village. We're doing our monthly Village meet and greet. This gives us an opportunity to meet and bond with the villagers and listen to their opinions on what they believe can enhance the village.

"How's your mother?" I ask Ellis.

"Actually she's doing quite fine. She's going back to work now. Learned a few spells and getting stronger by the day" Ellis explained. I don't know much about Ellis' mother, he mentions her every now and then.

"That's great" I smile.  "I forgot my scented hand sanitizer!" I cry. "Mother we have to go back!" I beg.

"Kylie it's fine just use your regular hand sanitizer" she tried to comfort me.

"So my hands could smell like alcohol? As if" I roll my eyes. Parents just don't understand.

"Presenting the Royal Family of Aemegia!" I heard being announced on the trumpets. "Along with a special visitor" They finished.

"Mother I want to travel through the village with Ellis" I requested.

"Okay but be careful, I will have 2 guards go with you"

The guards escorted us out of the carriage. Me and Ellis went on our way.

"How's things with your mom?" Ellis asked as we walk down the path.

"Could be better, she still wants for me to worry less about myself but if I'm going to be Queen I need to be perfect. Skin clear and smooth, hair properly straightened and groomed. Clothes ironed to perfection, teeth pearly white, arms smooth. Worrying about these takes time and effort. I can't give my time to all these people, I'll go crazy" I explain.

"And you're absolutely right" he smirk. "You need to stay beautiful for me" he poked my nose causing me to giggle. I turn to look at the path behind us and immediately bump into someone and fall back.

"Ow!" I hit my butt to the ground.

"Hey watch where you're going!" I hear Ellis spit out.

"I believe she needs to watch where she's going" the guy turns to walk away.

"You can't talk to the Princess like that" I hear the guard say.

"This is the Princess that's going to be a Queen, and she can't even walk in those ridiculously hideous heels" He chuckled.

"Arrest him" I say and the guards go to arrest him, but he breaks off running.

"Probably a hooligan" Ellis suggests helping me up.

"He looks like one, so he probably is" I giggle

"Come on, let's get back to your parents" Ellis leads me back to the meet and greet.

"How was the walk?" My Mother asks as we sat down.

"Terrible! Some street rat knocked me down! And didn't even say I'm sorry" I complain.

"That's horrible! Did the guards go after him?" My Father asked.

"Yes, the guards that accompanied us went after him"

"Are you sure it wasn't an accident kylie? you never seem to be paying attention sometimes" my Mother asks.

"He wouldn't have spoken to me so rudely if it was an accident" I roll my eyes.

"Princess, we were not able to get him. He got away" the guards who went after him explained

"Ugh" I facepalm myself.

~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading! don't forget to vote and leave any comments you may have, please don't leave any negative comments :(