Ch. 35 Suspicion

Racing to school had my adrenaline pumping the whole ride there. Thankfully, Chase decided to ride with Patricia this morning so I could get to school before it started.

Tory told me to meet her in her classroom before school started and my nerves were all over the place. I really couldn't hardly breathe from my heart racing and the blood pumping through my veins.

Is this what love feels like?

Tory makes me feel things I've never felt before.

I know it's only been a month since I found out she liked me, or close to a month, but I wasn't sure what happens when someone falls in love.

She just makes my heart skip beats.

When I arrived at school, I parked then grabbed my backpack, plus the container that I had my coffee in. I got out and check the time on my watch to see that it was six forty.

I sigh as I walked towards the building, not knowing what's about to happen.

Explaining to my mom, yet again, was getting a little easier. I knew that these secrets would eventually come back to bite me in the ass, but as for right now I'm not worried about it.

I have everything under control.

Walking down the halls, I took in the familiar smells around me and the noise that was coming from my shoes. The echos were bouncing off the walls.

This school always had a creepy vibe to it. Ever since I moved here.

Not sure why.

It's pretty old and known for a lot of things, even though I have no idea what.

I mean, this town has a reputation for shit but I'm not too caught up in that so I ignore it.

But I've heard things about this place.

I stopped at her door then looked inside to see her sitting at her desk. I slightly knock before walking in, shutting the door behind me.

She looks over and smiles at me as I approached her. "Good morning, Carter."

"Good morning, Tory." I smile as I took a sip of my coffee as her eyes never left mine.

My heart was ready to explode, dude.

Smiling, she leans back in her chair as I sat my container on her desk then slung my backpack off my shoulder. I placed it on the ground before picking up my container again then looking at her.

"How's your morning going?" I ask, trying to calm my racing heart.

Nodding, she crosses her arms as she smiles at me. "It's going good even though my morning just started." She chuckles, which made me smile.

Taking a sip of my coffee, I sigh then saw Tory smiling at me. "So.." I started.

She nods then leans up, folding her arms on her desk while looking at me. "When you texted me yesterday.. I can't deny it, Carter."

Smiling, I felt my heart beat quicken. When I texted Tory yesterday, I asked her about that morning she said she loved me. I wanted to know if she remembered saying it and if it was a mistake or something.

She said it wasn't, even though she doesn't remember saying it.

We texted all yesterday about her having feelings for me. I told her that I may feel the same way cause I feel something towards her. I know we just started our relationship but I honestly feel something.

Not sure if it's love or not, but something is there.

"I do love you." She slightly smiles up at me. "I'm not sure if it's too early or not, but it's true. Maybe it's not in love feelings but I know something is there."