t e n

✨🐱✨

kenma's pov

     This seems like the same address. 

     Same blue colour, same large windows and chalk drawings along the sidewalk, probably from Kuroo's little siblings. Kuroo had never given me his number, and texting him through Bumble again seemed weird. It took me a few moments before I could work up the courage to ring the doorbell. Kuroo's mother had answered the door. She was wearing lounging clothing, she probably wasn't expecting me to stop by.

     "Oh Kenma! It's very nice to see you, although I'm not sure if any of us called you." Her warm brown eyes were really comforting even though she towered over me like a giant. That must be where Kuroo gets his own height from.

     "Yes, I'm so sorry. Kuroo must have not mentioned that I'm actually here for him." I gave her a faint smile and she nodded in response.

     "Ah, that's true. He does need a babysitter to keep him out of trouble." His mother laughs, "I'll go get him. One second, feel free to step inside the house while you wait."

     Kuroo steps out from the hallway and walks towards me. He has the same sunglasses on from his photos and some grey ripped jeans. Kuroo smiles at me and grabs his keys sitting on the table beside me. As he leans over me, I'm able to smell a fresh coconut and ocean scent. It fits his personality really well. 

     "You look really good." Kuroo smiles as he admires my face. 

     "Thank you. So do you, kitten. I like the hairclips."

     The nickname catches me off guard and my gaze falls to the floor. "Aw come on, don't get too shy on me. Where's all the confidence from our texts gone?" Kuroo takes his finger and brushes it up to my chin, my head can't help but follow until our eyes lock. 

     "It never left, don't worry." I smile back at the taller boy. "Are you ready to go?"

     Kuroo nods his head and I walk back out the door, the dark haired boy following behind.