[10] With family

[Outfit Above]
S5 Ep: 13 "Forget"

I separated my hair into two separate parts to braid them back dutch style, I played with the ends of my hair as my mind replayed all the times I would do Beth's hair

I separated my hair into two separate parts to braid them back dutch style, I played with the ends of my hair as my mind replayed all the times I would do Beth's hair. "Hey." I looked up to see Glenn standing in the doorway of our bedroom in the second house. It took Rick a bit but he decided that we were safe enough to split up between the two houses they gave us. Glenn, Tara, Noah, Maggie, and I are all in one house while the others are next door. "Hey, morning" I greeted softly as I walked over to him from my seat on the bed.

Glenn set his hands on my waist and leaned in pressing a kiss on my forehead. "Your dad's downstairs. Said Deanna asked him to show you where the infirmary is so you can study." I wrapped my arms around his back and looked up at him. "Okay. I will see you at Deanna's later." I stood up on my toes to kiss him sweetly before heading downstairs and outside to meet my father.

"Hey, Dad" I smiled as I shut the door behind me. The taller man stood up from the bench on our porch. "Mornin' baby girl. Deanna asked me to show you around the infirmary, so you can get the feel of it." I nodded and we departed from the house and started walking through the streets. "Why didn't she ask the surgeon to show me around?" I asked with knitted brows. He only shrugged, but I saw his lips part for a moment as if he was thinking of what to say.

"I've spent a lot of time there." He answered vaguely which made me frown in confusion more. He brought me to a building and went up the stairs first to open and hold the door, I walked in beside him and he led me down the hall into a big back room. I saw a woman standing at a table, even though her back was towards us I could tell she was the doctor by her white jacket. "Kait" My dad called out causing my head to snap up towards him.

There was one person he ever called that

There was one person he ever called that. I looked back towards the woman and watched as she turned around with a wide smile and tears in her eyes. The woman clasped her hands together and placed them against her lips as she looked me up and down. "You're so grown-up" I swayed slightly with a heavy breath, my eyes started to get cloudy. "Mom." I cried out through the tears before rushing towards her and wrapped my arms tightly around her as a sob escaped my lips.