[12] Crutch M'Gee is back

[Outfit Above]
S5 Ep: 15 "Try"

I groaned quietly from a tingling pain in my left leg, my eyes fluttered open and I looked around the room as I tried to push myself up into a sitting position

I groaned quietly from a tingling pain in my left leg, my eyes fluttered open and I looked around the room as I tried to push myself up into a sitting position. I groaned as my leg dragged across the bed, I was loud enough to cause running footsteps into the room. "Thank god your up." My mom's worried voice filled my ears as she rushed to my side, she set a hand on my back as she moved a few pillows behind me as a cushion.

"How are you feeling?" I grunted softly at her question "Like someone had target practice on my leg." She chuckled lightly before undoing the bandage around my thigh to check my wounds. "He got you three times." She stood up from bending over me and looked me in the eyes with a calm expression but I could see the fire in her eyes. "Got you good too but it should heal completely in a few weeks." She fixed my clean bandage back up and huffed aggravatedly as she rested her hands on the side of the bed.

"So help me if I see him..."

"I'm afraid a few others are in line before you Kaitlyn" The two of us looked up at the new voice that entered the room. Maggie walked towards us with a bag of clothes and shoes, she held them up as an offering. "Glenn asked me to bring these over for you to change." I smiled gingerly and took the bag before swinging my right leg off the side of the bed. "Where is Glenn?" I glanced at her to my mom who shrugged. "I made him go home and rest last night after they brought you in. It's a good thing he's still a bit scared of me."

Maggie laughed. "I can't wait to hear more stories of you two when you were younger." My mom broke into a wide grin. "Oh, I have so many! This one tim-" I held my hand up cutting her off. "Can you refrain from embarrassing me while I'm here? At least do it while I go get changed." She rolled her eyes before the two of them helped me off the bed completely. She pointed to a large brown door. "Bathroom is right there."

I limped over carefully to not put much pressure on my injured leg as I did so. It took me a while to change out of my ripped and bloodied jeans and into fresh ones along with a new top. I slipped on the black cardigan and zipped up the combat boots before exiting the bathroom and being met with a pair of crutches. "We've had these for a while but the only other person who's used a pair is Eric." Maggie looked over as I took the crutches from my mom and slipped them under my arms.

"Do you know how to use them, Bree?" My mom laughed loudly. "Does she? She practically lived in these when she was younger. Always breaking, pulling, or spraining something." She placed her hand under her chin in thought. "What was that nickname your brother came up with for you?" I internally cringed as she snapped her fingers and pointed at me. "Crutch M'gee! That's what it was." Maggie started to laugh in amusement at my expression.

"Thanks mom..I will never live it down now." I gestured over to Maggie who was wiping away a fake tear from her cheek. "Honey as soon as Glenn saw you he would laugh too." I rubbed my forehead in exasperation that quickly subsided when loud screaming and glass breaking hit us from the open windows of the center. The three of us scared worried and confused looks before rushing out of the building at least as fast as I could.

We didn't have to go far to find Rick strangling Pete in the middle of the road. "Dad!" I called out when Rick shoved him back from trying to pull him off of Pete. Regaining his footing he got up and came towards Maggie, mom, and I checking on us.

"Stop it! Stop it right now." Deanna shouted at Rick as she finally arrived at the scene. "You touch them again and I'll kill you." Rick warned as he continued to hold Pete down. "Damn it, Rick! I said stop." Rick still didn't seem to want to stop, Tobin, Nicholas, and Glenn all took a step forward but jumped back when Rick pulled a gun on the three of them. "Or what?"

He released Pete and sat up on his knees. "You gonna kick me out?" Deanna held her hands out in a defensive motion and took a slow step back. "Put that gun down, Rick." Rick was panting as he wiggled his gun around. "You still don't get it. None of you do!" He screamed while glancing around at those of our own group. "We know what needs to be done and we do it. We're the ones who live. You, you just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know when you don't." He gestures towards Deanna angrily with his gun in hand.

"You wish things weren't what they are. Well, you want to live? You want this place to stay standing? Your way of doing things is done. Things don't get better because you-- you want them to. Starting right now, we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here." Keeping her jaw tight and her tone even Deanna looked down at Rick in disgust. "That's never been more clear to me than it is right now." Raising his brows and widening his eyes Rick gestured to himself. "Me? Me? You--" He laughs. "You mean-- you mean me?"

His laugh drops and his bloodied face stared up at Deanna. "Your way is gonna destroy this place. It's gonna get people killed. It's already gotten people killed. And I'm not gonna stand by and just let it happen. If you don't fight, you die. I'm not gonna stand by--" His rant was cut short by Michonne sneaking up behind him and knocking him out with a harsh right hook.

Everyone stood around in a mix of shock and horror by the events that just happened, unsure how to continue we broke apart to our own little lives. Michonne along with my dad collected Rick and brought him to a sort of holding cell to keep him from hurting anyone else. Deanna explained how tomorrow she was going to hold a town meeting for everyone to say their peace about our group being here and what they think should be our future. She dismissed the rest of us to go to our houses and rest for the nights saying tomorrow would be a long day.

She didn't know just how right she was

-

-

-

-

-

-

I wasn't sure how I felt about this chapter but I love Maggie and Kaitlyn. Maggie, Kaitlyn and Aubree are gonna be a team we never knew we needed. Although this chapter is a bit of a filler we do get to see how close Aubree is with her mom and a bit about her past.

Next chapter is the final one for this part!
I cannot believe the first part of this book is almost done already and next season has a lot coming for us.

Both good and bad but which will we see more?

Until next time, kisses - A