[22] Close Call

[Outfit Above]
S6 Ep: 13 "The Same Boat"

Carol and I still stood having a staredown as I tried to get past her and go help everyone

Carol and I still stood having a staredown as I tried to get past her and go help everyone. Carol's eyes widened at the sound of rustling behind us, I spun around and watched as a man appeared from the trees, Carol shot him down once. I grabbed my gun and clicked it as I ran towards him and aimed it down at his head. "Damn it, Aubree, let's go!"

"Not until it's over." I told her. The man panted as he gripped onto his bleeding arm. "Stop! Or she's dead." A woman commanded as she held her gun up on Carol. I slowly looked up as another woman aimed her gun at me. "Guns, knives on the ground right now." The same woman from before bellowed as I carefully stood up straight after setting my gun and knives down. "Nice jacket." The older woman who aimed her gun at me mused. "For a murderous bitch." A third woman bit angrily.

"Well, we'll take it off her before we shoot her." Carol slipped the strap of her rifle off and let it clatter to the ground. The women kept Carol and I at gunpoint the rest of the night long after the alarm stopped blaring and our group should have been out. At the sound of distant gunfire the dark-haired woman spoke up. "Hell was that?" The redhead looked around through a pair of binoculars. "It's Primo. Damn it, they've got him. Give me the walkie." The man passed her the walkie talkie Rick gave Carol.

"Babe, what's happening?" He asked but she ignored him. "Lower your gun, prick. You, with the Colt Python. All of you, lower your weapons right now." She instructed through the walkie. "Come on out. Let's talk." Rick called back through the static. "How many we got?" The older brunette haired woman asked anxiously. "Eight in sight. Too many."

"No, we can take 'em. We took more." The man countered. "We're not coming out, but we will talk." The redhead looked over at Carol and I. "Names. Names!"

"I'm Aubree, she's Carol." I answered through a clenched jaw. "We've got a Carol and an Aubree. I'm thinking that's something you want to chat about." She told Rick with a smug tone. "Now, we're gonna work this out right now, and it's going to go our way." Static for a moment was only heard until Rick's voice came back through. "You can see we have one of yours. We'll trade."

"I'm listening." Red told him shortly. "First I want to talk to Aubree and Carol, make sure they're all right." A walker started growling in the distance and the third woman walked off to take care of it while red turned to Carol and I. "I'm gonna put you on. You say you're fine. I'll know if you try anything else." Red placed the walkie in front of Carol to speak. "Rick, it's Carol. I'm-- I'm fine, but--" The woman scoffed and pushed Carol away and grabbed my arm pulling me forward. "Now you."

I glared at her as I spoke. "Rick, it's Bree. We're both okay. We'll figure it--" She cut me off before I could finish. "Shut up. You have your proof. Let's talk." Another walker came and the dark-haired woman put away her gun to take it out. "This is the deal right here. Let 'em go, you can have your guy back and live."