Figuring it out

"Here -" I stand up, and gently set Sherlock down on the settee and kneel in front of him. I look at him and analyze his features. He stares back at me, shy and curious. "Did I do something wrong?" He softly, asks. "No, of course not. No. You did nothing wrong, I just . . . I think I know what has happened, why you're here." He looks at me expectantly.

  "Here we are, Doctor. Some tea and biscuits for you both." Mrs. Hudson comes in carrying a tray with said food and drink. "Ah. Thank you Mrs. Hudson." She nods her head and sets the tray down on a nearby table. "Now.  How about I go and get a constable? Surly they can help us get you back home." I stand up and go closer to Mrs. Hudson. "Actually, Mrs. Hudson. May I have a word?" She nods her head. "Sher- I mean, Seamus. We'll be right over there, okay? And don't move." I order kindly. He nods his head and goes back to looking around the room, with his observant eyes. Mrs. Hudson and I both enter my study. I leave the door cracked, just enough to keep and eye on Sherlock.

  "Is something wrong, Doctor?" I turn to her and sigh, trying to think of what to say. "Mrs. Hudson. This is going to sound crazy, but . . . that little boy . . . is Sherlock Holmes." I exclaim, and watch for her reaction. "What are you saying, Doctor?" She asks, confused. "I mean . . . I'm not sure, but I believe Holmes, I don't know how, but has been turned into his younger self." She looks at me as if I'm crazy. The same look she always gives Sherlock. "Doctor, are you alright?"

  I smile and let out a small chuckle

  I smile and let out a small chuckle. "Yes. I assure you, I am completely fine. I believe this because he told me his name was Sherlock Holmes and . . . . well, look at him." I order, softly, pointing towards where Sherlock sits. She glances through the cracked door at the deshoveled, scronny little boy who has discovered Gladstone, and is stroking his ears. Well, Gladstone found him. He wags his little cinnamon roll butt and licks Sherlock's face. I smile at the scene. She looks back at me. "I must admit, he does have quite a resemblance to Mr. Holmes." "It's uncanny." I add. "You said his name was Seamus. Could it be his son?" I sigh, exasperatedly. I'm not mad at Mrs. Hudson. I completely understand why she is not comprehending what I am telling her. It's quite unbelievable. I almost don't believe it myself, still.

  I lay a hand on her shoulder. "No Mrs. Hudson. I can assure you it is not his son. Holmes doesn't have any children nor a significant other, at the moment. I said his name was Seamus because I didn't want to explain it to you at that moment, in front of him." I assure her. She looks at me, as the wheels turn in her head. "It, that . . . . that's impossible, Doctor. I think Mr. Holmes is rubbing off on you a bit." Another chuckle escapes my lips. This is something Holmes would do.

  "Believe me, Mrs. Hudson. I am not crazy nor is this a joke or a prank." I pause for a moment, when something Dawn's on me. "I . . . I think he may be this way because when we were working on this particular case a day ago, our criminal cursed Holmes. He said something in Latin. I'm not sure what he said and I'm not the one to believe in magic or the supernatural, but . . .  can't think of any other reason why he might be like this." I finish, passionately.

  Mrs. Hudson furrows her eyebrows at me, in thought and turns to look at the boy once more, then looks back to me. "I do believe you, Doctor but . . . It's a lot to take in." She admits. I nod my head, understandably. "Yes, I know but this IS Sherlock and I have to find a way to get him back to his normal self. For now, I will be taking care of him and, if you don't mind, I'd like to keep this just between us. I don't want him taken away or I sent to a sanitarium." I ask of her, hopefully. She nods her head. "Of course, Doctor. I won't tell a soul." "Thank you."