Explaining

Mrs. Hudson and walk back into the sitting room and over to little Sherlock. "Alright. Sherlock?" I kneel down in front of him as Mrs. Hudson stands aside and watches.

  He looks at me with his big brown eyes. "I think we figured out why you are here." "How?" He asks, merely a whisper. "well, don't be frightened, but -" "I'm not one to scare that easily." He cuts me off. I smile at him. Yeah, that's Sherlock.  "Sherlock. We believe you have been turned into a child. You're actually 36 years old and my best friend, whom I share this Flatt with." I explain, softly. He looks at me, trying to figure out everything I said. "You're saying I use to be an adult but now I'm a kid again?" He asks, to confirm. I nod my head. "Yes. That's why these clothes are so big. You shrunk in them." I state, gesturing to the shirt wrapped around him. "I knew clothes didn't grow." I chuckle at his statement.

  "Yes. I apologise for having lied to you. I had to figure this all out and I didn't want to scare or confuse you more than you already were." I explain. He nods his head. "I'm sorry sir, but people can't just transform into children." "I know. I believe you were cursed. See . . . You're a detective and while you and I were working on a case, the bad guy said something in Latin, and cursed or hexed you. I know that sounds absurd but it's the only think of to why you are a little boy again."

   His eyes widen. "I'm a detective!?" He looks at me with excitement and awe, completely forgetting everything else I said. I smile at him. "Yes. The best in the world, Scotland Yard and all of England think so, as do I." He smiles big. "I knew I would be. I knew it." He says, happily. "And you say . . . I'm your best friend?" "My very best friend, yes." I reply, truthfully. He frowns at that. "I'm sorry he's gone." I furrow my eyebrows at his statement. "It's not your fault Sherlock. You did nothing wrong. And . . . you're still here. You're still my best friend, no matter the form and you always will be." He looks in my eyes, searching for any dishonesty. He finds none and nods his head.

  "So, does this mean my parents are gone?" I frown and nod my head. "Yes Sherlock. I'm sorry. They passed away many years ago." I inform him, sadly. He nods his head, In understanding. "What about my brother?" "He's still here, though he lives in Switzerland at the moment. He works for our government." He raises his eyebrows in surprise. "Wow! Is he Prime Minister?" I smile. "No, unfortunately he is not that high up there." "Oh."

  "Sherlock?" He looks at me. "Is it okay if you stay with me untill we can figure this all out?" I ask, going to keep him even if he says no. "Yes, that's fine. I trust you." He admits, honestly. I smile, warmly at him. "Good."