Chapter 2

The hovercraft was stuck down before it even got 4 miles away from the arena.

I was able to escape along with friends through an emergence chute.

My friends?
My allies?

Whatever. I can't even recall their names or how I met them.

I suffered a strong blow to the head which put me into a coma for 3 months. I woke up from the coma les than two months ago and I'm still recovering.

This bastard who calls himself Haymitch shows me around this god forsaken underground city they call DISTRICT 13.

I haven't seen sunlight ever since though I attempted to escape to the surface many times.

Haymitch says that there's nothing to see anyway. Just a barren wasteland of nuclear waste.

He diverts my attention by telling me stories of how I used to "worship his greatness" before "I hit my head and and lost a few screws."

Such a phony. As if a girl like me would listen to an old man who drinks more than he breathes.

It's past 11:00 p.m. and I tell Haymitch I want to go back to my quarters.

He walks me halfway to my room.

"Nyt' old man"

He kisses me good night on the forehead.

"Aww Katniss, sweetheart, I'm gonna miss the quiet and obedient girl you were today.. Tomorrow you'll wake up and you probably won't remember me. You'll be dreaming a memory about Peeta... and you'll wake up crying.. Not remembering anything. And were back
to the start.. All over. Again."

He ends with along sigh.
Asshole.

"I know." I reply.

He gives a sarcastic laugh "Ha-ha ya' know alright! You probably wont even remember this damn conversation tomorrow."

Than he leaves and I go back to my room thinking about my life now.

Haymitch was telling the truth. There are some days I wake up remembering him, somedays, I don't. Him or anybody else. Sometimes the memory lasts for more thank a week and sometimes they're gone after a short nap. I couldn't really tell why.

I couldn't even tell you who or why am I here.

I lost that big part of me when I lost my memories after the fall from the escape chute that injured my head.

I visit dreamland once more, hoping to find Peeta. Hoping to find me.