Chapter 8

"Katniss? You really remember me?" Finnick asks.

"Apparently, yes" I reply

"Don't celebrate just yet.." Haymitch interrupts "sometimes she does remember, the longest she lasted was a week.. After that it completely wipes out back to nothing"

"Jeez thanks for the optimism Haymitch." Finnick mocks

"Well what's important is that I remember right now, might as well enjoy it."

"I'm busy.." Haymitch whirls "Go enjoy your memories with Finnick.."

I look at Finnick and he smiles "It would be an honor."

***********************************************
Finnick and I spent hours going around the bunkers. Remembering people, our families the games. We spent all day just talking and talking and occasionally laughing.

After the our long day we spent the rest of night back in the stairwell.

While he was tracing constellations, I scribbled something at the corner of the floor: "Just a piece in their games"

Finnick looks at what I scribbled "Do you know where you got that from, katniss?"

I shake my head.

"Someone always use to say that to you.. You would be looking at the stars every night, just like this?"

"I know." I know he's talking about Peeta. But i'm too afraid to ask. Too afraid to of Finnick telling me that Peeta is dead. He's the only I got that tied me to the past I don't remember.

"Do you remember him?"

I shake my head again. "Not really. Peeta was his name right? Where is he finnick? What happened to him?"

Finnick avoids my eyes and looks at the sky again. "He's gone Katniss. That's all I can say, at least."

I start to sob but Finnick grabs me and kisses me again.

When he finally pulls away, I ask him "Why?"

He shrugs his shoulders "Well, I kissed you last night and you didn't lose your memories when you woke up today.. Maybe, I'm the cure you need." He finished grinning.

My sobs slowly turned to laughter "Ha-ha very funny Finnick."

"Good night, Katniss."

"Good night, Finnick"

That night I didn't dream of the past, Peeta or the Games.

I dreamt of Finnick, the only one that ties me to my future.