Chapter 3

Ruby Jane's POV

All I can hear right now is the crowd's cheering and applause. I never felt this kind of happiness in my whole life and it feels like I don't want to leave this place anymore. This is what I want, this is what I always dreamed of. I roamed my eyes around the place until I met Lisa's doe eyes, as if tears never left it. I gave her a smile and I was waiting for hers but it didn't happen, so I just looked down. The crowd went quiet so I stopped from looking down, and as lift up my head, I saw Lisa was walking towards me. Again, I was frozen until she got in front of me and she wrapped her arms around me.

"You did great." she whispered then pulled away from the hug she gave.

I heard a lot of people murmuring, some people glared at me as if I did something bad.

"Thank you guys! Again! Ms. Ruby Jane!" Jisoo said and she dragged me and Lisa down the stage.

"What was that? I am not yet finish, I was about to say something, she just interrupted!" I exclaimed to Jisoo while pointing to Lisa.

"Jennie, this is not Oscars, you don't need a speech." Jisoo said

"Ruby Jane not Jennie! You dumbass!" I shouted and rolled my eyes.

"It doesn't matter. Let's go backstage before the crowd pull all of your hair"

"Why? What did I do? Am I that beautiful that they have to pull my hair?"

"Yes, you are." Lisa said and I can feel my heart skipped a beat.

Jisoo hit Lisa's nape so hard after of what she said and now they are hitting each other. I never understand these two.

"So she is Lisa's type? I'm way more prettier. She's so small"

"Maybe she hypnotized Lisa, so lame."

"At first I thought she's a good singer, but now, no! what a bitch!"

"I bet she's just using Lisa to have a career! How lucky to get a hug from our Lisa"

I can hear a group of people talking behind my back loudly as if they really wanted me to hear what they were saying. I turned around and arched my eyebrows as I look at them.

"What did you guys said? I'm small, lame, a bitch and a user?!" I couldn't control my anger and I slapped the nearest woman next to me but then she pulled my hair quickly and grabbed both of my hands that caused me to lie on the floor, the other woman with her was about to slap me but then someone caught her hands.

"Just lay one finger on her face and I swear you will regret breathing!!" I saw Lisa was holding that woman's arm tightly and I can feel how painful her grip was just by looking at it. She was so angry as if she'll be able to kill someone. I got scared but I felt safe seeing her actions.

"Stop that! move away! Guards, please assist them outside. There's no movie here people! Enjoy your drinks everyone!" Seulgi said and the guards assisted the group of women who tried to hurt me. I can hear people murmuring but they get back to their own businesses quickly.

"Are you okay Ruby Jane?" Seulgi asked me and helped me to get up.

"Yeah, thank you and I am so sorry about this."

"No, it's okay." Seulgi asked Jisoo to assist me backstage. But where is Lisa? Where did she go? She was just here a few seconds ago.

Jisoo and I went to a room backstage, she asked me to sit down and handed me a glass of water.

"Are you okay Jen... Ruby Jane?"

"Yes, thank you... Jisoo? Can I call you by your name?" I was so shy to call her by her name because we're not even that close.