02

8/02/2001-12/02/2001
la Deli boulangerie, Kingswear, Devon
¬

[ m e n t o r ]

"TODAY, WE ARE MAKING PARIS-BREST

"TODAY, WE ARE MAKING PARIS-BREST."

Isla snorted, "Breast," earning another snort from Elena and a hard jab from their mother's elbow.

Elinor chuckled before continuing, "It's basically a ring of choux pastry filled with a praline-flavoured cream. We usually top them with icing sugar and almond flakes. It's the perfect centrepiece for your party table."

On the second day of the class, she could already see that the twins were here only due to their mother's tyranny. Lionetta Darcy was hopelessly in love with the Deli. Florence Dixon was quite clueless, though she was incredibly stubborn and willing to learn. Molly Weasley clearly knew her way around the ingredients, but not around equipments.

Like she had been baking for a while... but she did everything just by flicking a wand.

Oh, just imagining about it made Elinor's neck stiffen.

"Is that unsalted butter?" the woman of the topic asked, pointing towards one of the bowls.

"Uh... Correct," Elinor nodded, "The basic ingredients are unsalted butter, water, flour, salt, eggs, and cold milk. Let's start with the choux pastry first, ladies. Grab your saucepan!"

☆★☆

"I'M SORRY, BUT CAN I ASK YOU SOMETHING?"

Florence and Molly edged closer to Lionetta. The three women had Elinor in sight, trying to fix Isla and Elena's bubbly macaron mix while sharing an insightful speech about the joy of baking.

"The Rousseau family owns this bakery, right? Etienne and Bielle are husband and wife?"

Lionetta nodded with a big smile. She was quite proud for knowing the Deli's entire history. "Yes, that's true. They bought and renovated this place almost twenty years ago."

"The young man, uh, Cameron, how is he related?"

"He was an intern here, but now he's their daughter's boyfriend. Ezme's. Has been for a couple years now."

"Oh! I see," Molly nodded, "Are Elinor and Ezme twins, too, like your girls?"

Lionetta leaned forward and lowered her voice, "Actually... Ellie's adopted."

Molly and Florence whipped their heads and took a better look on Elinor's physical appearance.

That made much more sense. The other three Rousseaus were blonde and blue-eyed, while their mentor, though bearing the same surname, had black hair and distinctive grey eyes.