⠀⠀⠀ DROMUND KAAS

• MOONS ————— 2

• MOONS
————— 2

• GRID COORDINATES
————— R-5

ROTATION PERIOD
————— 24 STANDARD HOURS

• ORBITAL PERIOD
————— 312 LOCAL DAYS

• TERRAIN
————— SWAMP
————— JUNGLE
————— OCEANS

• IMMIGRATED SPECIES
————— SITH
————— HUMANS

OFFICIAL LANGUAGE
————— GALACTIC BASIC STANDARD

• POPULATION
————— PRE COLD WAR: MILLIONS
————— 10 ABY: 10 000 (70% HUMAN, 30% OTHER)

• MAJOR CITIES
————— KAAS CITY

• AFFILIATION
————— OLD SITH EMPIRE
————— RECONSTITUTED SITH EMPIRE
————— PROPHETS OF THE DARK SIDE
————— GALACTIC EMPIRE

DROMUND KAAS was the third planet in the Dromund system, a star system in the Sith Worlds region of the Outer Rim Territories's Esstran sector. Originally a colony of the Sith Empire, its location was lost by the time of the Great Hyperspace War with the Galactic Republic, but the Sith Emperor led his people on a twenty-year odyssey that ended with the rediscovery of Dromund Kaas in 4980 BBY.

THE Emperor and the remnants of the shattered Sith society reconstituted the Sith Empire with Dromund Kaas as its capital, taming the planet's savage jungles and building up their Empire's strength from the skyscrapers of Kaas City. Dromund Kaas remained safe from Republic reprisal when the Empire launched the Great Galactic War in 3681 BBY.

PROPHETS of the Dark Side who followed Millennial's religion ruled Dromund Kaas for almost a thousand years before they incurred the wrath of Darth Sidious, causing the Prophets to abandon the planet for Bosthirda.

DESPITE its relative obscurity, the planet became embroiled in the galactic conflict known as the Clone Wars, but the powerful influence of the dark side of the Force on Dromund Kaas continued to draw both Jedi and Sith to the planet over the next several decades.

DROMUND KAAS was largely covered by jungles and oceans during the Great Hyperspace War.

WHEN the Sith Lord Vitiate ordered his researchers and historians to locate a safe haven for the people of the shattered Empire, they succeeded in rediscovering Dromund Kaas' location. Vitiate summoned all of the remaining Sith Lords to his homeworld of Nathema and mentally enslaved them, using their strength to perform a dark side ritual that stripped the life from Nathema and made him immortal. Vitiate then gathered the remaining people of the Sith Empire and embarked on a twenty-year wandering journey that finally ended in 4980 BBY with the "rediscovery" of Dromund Kaas thanks to Vitiate's advice.

AROUND 3960 BBY, after defeating the Mandalorians at Malachor V, the Jedi Revan and Malak discovered Dromund Kaas. They confronted the Sith Emperor, but were defeated and corrupted to the dark side, becoming Darth Revan and Darth Malak. Revan was redeemed by the Jedi and slew Malak in the ensuing Jedi Civil War.

AFTER the disappearance of the Sith Empire prior to 2000 BBY, it was effectively abandoned until it became a refuge for the rogue Sith Lord Darth Millennial sometime after 990 BBY. Having rejected the Rule of Two, a doctrine that insisted there only be two Sith at any given time, Millennial sought to begin a new dark side religion on the planet, beginning what would later be known as the Dark Force. Followers of this religion, the so-called Prophets of the Dark Side, would rule the planet for years, until its rediscovery by one Darth Sidious sometime before the onset of the Clone Wars in 22 BBY.

DARTH SIDIOUS, after enlisting the Prophets to his service, kept the planet's existence a secret. He would later use it as a testing ground for his Dark Side Adepts, and the planet remained known only to those few.

IT was believed that Yoda may have personally investigated the system, however any such mission would have been known only to the highest ranks of the Jedi, and any records of the project had been lost. Despite this level of secrecy, the 327th Star Corps would later fight a battle on Dromund Kaas during the Clone Wars.

AFTER the rise and fall of the Empire, Dromund Kaas was once more forgotten, until Jedi Knight Kyle Katarn learned of the planet from ancient inscriptions in 9 ABY. Abruptly ending the training of his pupil, Mara Jade, Katarn located the system and battled many Sith abominations to reach the Dark Force Temple, where he succumbed to the temptations of the dark side.

WARY after Katarn's fall, Skywalker decided that Dromund Kaas was a danger that could wait until the New Jedi Order became stronger. With the aid of New Republic Intelligence, he was able to ensure that Dromund Kaas stayed a myth, as it had for millennia.

LUKE SKYWALKER, Ben Skywalker, Jaina Solo, and Vestara Khai traveled to the planet in 44 ABY in order to find the Dark Side Entity Abeloth. While there they were attacked by 10 Sith Sabers of the Lost Tribe of Sith led by Gavar Khai. Despite being outnumbered and the Sith being powered by the Force nexus of Dromund Kaas the Jedi managed to defeat all the Sith and Vestara killed her own father, who had fallen under Abeloth's thrall.

SOURCE: starwars.fandom.com (wookiepeedia)