XIX | On the Clock

It's amazing watching the concert from backstage, although, you sympathize with the members more because you can really see how physically draining it is for them. You don't get to do a lot of watching, as Nabi stays moving and talking to different people constantly. You haven't done any touch-ups yet because there are several makeup artists beating you to it. You're prepared to do it, too. Nabi got you a cool makeup belt to hold powder, sponges, brushes, etc. Eager to be of assistance, you ask Nabi if there's anything else you can do. "If you want to...you don't have to...you can be ready with water when they come backstage" she tells you. You're more than happy to do that. 'Respect' comes on, and everyone comes off the stage but Namjoon and Yoongi. The whole vocal line went off stage on the opposite side of the stage from the side you're on. J-hope, however walks right towards you, exhausted from performing "ON". "Hoseok!" you call. He looks at you and walks up to you, out of breath. He sits on a stool right by you and you hand him a water bottle. You give him a minute and then begin to powder his face. "You did a really good job" you praise him. "Thank you", he responds, not really putting thought into it. Then, he looks at you..."Y/n?" he asks. Your face lights up. "Yeah!" you respond. There are people everywhere, so you can't make a big deal about it, but then he says, "Dinner tonight?" quietly. You smile and nod your head. You make sure his face is even and you walk away from him.

You go towards the other end, looking for more faces to powder. You see Jimin and Taehyung sitting together. Nobody's working with them, so you approach them. You offer them two water bottles and they take them and thank you. Their faces look pretty matte, so you move along. "YOU!" you hear someone yell behind you. You turn around; "yes, YOU. We need you to fill sponges" says a makeup artist (the one who gave you a dirty look), referring to makeup sponges. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm working for Nabi", you say as you roll your eyes and walk away from her.

The concert's about halfway over, and you haven't really seen Jungkook. You've noticed he's the first one the makeup artists bombard when he walks off the stage. They must really like him. "UGH!" comes on, leaving the vocal line backstage. You see Taehyung and smile at him. He stares at you for a second and points at something for you to look at; it's Jungkook. You see him sitting alone on the far end of the backstage area. You walk up to him and say, "Excuse me, Mr. Jeon Jungkook, it's time to powder your face". He looks at you and smiles. He already has a water bottle. You take a sponge out and start with the mattifying product on his nose again. You work very slowly and very gently. You see his eyes move, scoping out your surroundings. You stay focused on your task. He must have decided there weren't many people around you, because, very discreetly, he slips his finger in one of your belt loops and pulls you toward him so you're almost standing in between his legs. You smile, not knowing what you should do or say. He reaches for the top button on your shirt and unbuttons it. You play along and take a half step in and lean over slightly so he can see down your shirt while you powder his face. He bites his lip. You walk away. You want the tension to build up for later tonight.

Two songs later, and someone pulls you to the side—physically pulls you. It's Jungkook. He quickly takes you around a corner where nobody can see you. He forces you up against a large amplifier. He pushes his body into yours, making you wrap one leg around him. He grabs your breast and kisses your neck. You reach out and grab him through his pants, making his warm breath cover your skin. He grabs your chin and lightly drags his tongue up your top lip and disappears back with all the staff in a matter of seconds, leaving you frazzled and sexually frustrated. The tension is definitely building.

You walk over to Nabi, who says, "There you are! I've been looking all over for you! We're good to go now when you're ready". "Okay, cool! Yeah, let's go. I have so much to tell you!" you respond, excited to tell her all about your surprise for Jungkook. You don't care to wait for an opportunity to give a non-verbal goodbye to Jungkook; you want him to look for you. You want him to ask himself where you went.

Nabi calls an Uber and you leave the venue. "How did I do?" you ask her. "You did fine! I told you you couldn't mess anything up. Did anyone try to talk to you?" she asks. "One makeup artist snapped at me and told me to fill makeup sponges. I told her I was working for you" you laugh. "Those artists. I swear", she responds, "they all have an attitude problem". "Why are they so uptight?" you ask her, "I got dirty looks from them". "They're jealous of you", she says, laughing. "Me? Why?" you ask, confused. "For one, you're gorgeous. Besides that, they all have the biggest crushes on the members but their contracts don't allow them to talk to them unless they're spoken to first, which never happens", she informs you, "they know you, as an intern, don't have those restrictions because you're under my wing. That's why they're jealous". "That makes sense", you say.

You're tired from a long day, so you zone out for the remainder of the ride. You finally get to the hotel, and you get out and decide to tell Nabi everything as you go back to your rooms. "Okay, so I have the best surprise ever", you tell her. "Oh, girl, tell me!!", she responds, intrigued. You get in the elevator. "So like...last night, me and Jungkook...we didn't do it", you tell her. "Oh no way! I thought you did!" she replies. "No, we didn't. So I want tonight to be really special. I called room service and after we leave for dinner, they're going to decorate the room with rose petals and set up wine for us!" you tell her, excitedly. "Aww that's so cute!" she responds, "he's going to love that!" You're on the 500 floor now, getting close to 541. "AND," you say, pulling out your key card, "I bought something after you left," you tell her, opening the door. You both walk into the room and you go to the dresser to take your bags out. You pull your two pieces of lingerie out, proudly, to show Nabi. "GIRL! These are so cute!!", she says, feeling the material. "Which one are you going to wear? White? Black? OOH an outfit change?!" You laugh. "I'm not sure yet. I'm going to try to pick up the vibe over dinner and maybe that'll help me decide", you respond, "I also haven't figured out how I'm going to surprise him...like how I'm going to get in here before he does AFTER dinner". "We'll figure something out", she assures you. You put the lingerie away and bring the bags with your dress and your shoes with you, and you go to room 546 with Nabi.