XVIII | Intern

You look at your phone and it's almost 3:40 pm, so you decide to go back to the hotel. You call an Uber. As you wait for your ride, you continue to daydream about all that is to come in the next 24 hours. You think about how sad you'll be when you say goodbye to Jungkook. What will you say? Where will it happen? At the hotel? Will he invite you to the airport? You think about your breakfast date. You wonder if it will just be breakfast at a restaurant in the hotel or if you'll be able to sneak out to eat somewhere together. There's so much unknown. Your Uber arrives. Usually you're friendly with the drivers and converse with them, but not today. You're too busy trying to mentally plan everything, even though you have no guidelines to go off. It's a short ride back to the hotel; even shorter than the way there because there was little traffic going out of the city.

The driver pulls up to the front of the hotel, and you thank him, gather your several shopping bags, and say goodbye

The driver pulls up to the front of the hotel, and you thank him, gather your several shopping bags, and say goodbye. You walk up, smile at the guard and the valet driver. You go back to the same elevator bank, and when your elevator arrives, it's your turn to press the '500' button this time. Your heart races with excitement. This is so surreal. You step out of the elevator and follow the same path you did last night, on the quest for room 541. You finally approach the room. You reach in your purse and take out your wallet. You pull the keycard out, hold it up to the pad and the light turns green. You enter Jungkook's hotel room.

You walk in. This really is a dream. You set your bags down and you think about how you can make tonight special. It's 3:55 pm now, so you decide to think about it in the shower. You take a quick shower, avoiding getting your hair wet. You use the same delicious-smelling vanilla soap that Jungkook rubbed on you in the early-morning hours. You replay the whole scenario in your mind. You get out of the shower and the perfect idea finally hits you.

You run to the hotel phone and call for room service; "Room service, how can I help you?" the voice on the other end of the phone answers. "Hi, I was wondering if you have a florist on site—or flowers in the gift shop" you figured you might ask, since it is a nicer hotel. "We do have access to flowers, yes. What can we do for you?" he asks. "Well, I have a special request. If it's possible, I was hoping someone could come to room 541 around 11:30 pm tonight and cover one of the beds in rose petals" you nervously wait for your request to be denied. The man holds back a chuckle and says "of course we can. We usually do this a lot around Valentine's Day, but I'm sure we could work something out. Let me pull up an order form". You silently celebrate. You, wearing only a towel, put the phone on speaker and begin taking your new clothes out of your bag from "luxe apothetique". "Okay, ma'am," he starts, "It looks like you're in a room with two beds. Do you want both of them covered?". You think for a second and reply, "no, just the one closest to the window". "Okay, and do you have a preference for the color of the rose? We have red, white, yellow, and pink" he inquires. "Red, please" you respond. "Perfect—and would you like to add a wine or champagne to the order? We can place the bottle neatly on the pillow" he offers. Genius! "Do you have white Moscato? The brand doesn't matter...just something nice", you say, getting dressed. "White Moscato; got it. We'll set the glasses up nicely too for you", he tells you, "is there anything else we can do for you?". "One more thing," you say, bouncing around while you try to put your new jeans on, "is there any way I can pay for this with a separate card instead of charging it to the room?" you ask. "Certainly. I'm ready for the card number". You pull your wallet out of your purse and read him the number from your debit card. "Alright ma'am, let me just go over the order once more with you. We're going to cover the bed nearest the window with red rose petals, set up two glasses of wine and we're bringing a bottle of white Moscato to room 541 around 11:30 pm tonight. Does that sound correct?" he confirms. "Yes, perfect. Not to be a pain, but it is a surprise so would you mind knocking on the door and only entering if there's no answer? We're supposed to go to a late dinner but just in case we're late leaving", you say, buttoning up your shirt. "Yes, ma'am, that's not a problem. You have a great day" he says. "Thank you, you too" you reply and hang up.