Chapter 2

My eyes flutter open as a soft ray of sunlight peaks through my curtains. I can hear birds chirping near my window. It's such a peaceful morning.

At least that's what I thought.

"CANNONBALL!"

My eyes almost bulged out of my sockets as Dii harshly opened my door and was already about to jump on me. I immediately rolled to the side, painfully falling out of my bed in the process. The attacker successfully landed on my bed and is now jumping on it, laughing like a maniac.

"What the hell Dii!" I stood up caressing my poor aching butt.

"That's what you get for sleeping in! Now hurry up, we've got a lot to do today! Remember to dress nicely!" She shouted while hurriedly getting out of my room.

I grabbed my phone on my nightstand and saw it was already 11 A.M.  I remember eating Gigi's pie while we talked about all other things until my mum called for updates. I headed to my room and I must've fallen asleep. Which means I practically skipped dinner and breakfast.

"Urgh." I groggily walk to my bathroom to freshen up. 20 minutes after, I'm done with my morning ritual. After blowdrying my hair, I dressed myself with a simple crop top and my favorite pair of jeans and my white sneakers.

 After blowdrying my hair, I dressed myself with a simple crop top and my favorite pair of jeans and my white sneakers

 I stared at myself in the full length mirror. I guess I wasn't that bad looking. Honey blond hair, roundish face features and my 5'2 ft. height, I looked like any normal girl in the world. Except for what Dii insists as drop-dead gorgeous doe-like brown eyes which she said was my intense feature. I decided to put a lip tint before tying my hair to a ponytail and voila!

"Well, couldn't get any better than this."

I grabbed my phone and my bag as I went out of my room to head downstairs. As soon as I entered the kitchen, Dii's mocking voice was heard.

"Oh great! The great Ann Marie Millington finally graced us with her presence!" Sarcasm dripping out of her as she munched on a slice of Gigi's pie.

"Don't talk while eating Diana Antonette Andrews. It's bad manners." I talked back as I took a seat the the table.

"How dare you say my full name! And what's bad isn't my manners, it's your outfit! I told you to dress up nicely."

"You started it! And this is my nice outfit." I looked at what she's wearing; an off shoulder sundress paired with sandals.