Chapter 3

FLASHBACK
(One year ago)
• ends after the italicized words •

As I feel myself getting intoxicated, I yelled at Dii that I'm going to hit the sack first since I basically had too much to drink and this is just one of the few moments I consumed alcohol since I became 21. Without Kat, Kath and May here, Dii being too preoccupied with some dudes in the corner and with the guys doing unspeakable things somewhere, I was left alone. She didn't hear me over the loud music so I had to shout and her nod was the only confirmation I needed. I put my cup on some random table before I head to the door, only to find myself staring at a pair of chocolate colored orbs. I immediately break free from the trance and though I felt butterflies all over my stomach, I shook my head and continued to walk away from all this madness.

Dii's house is just two houses away so theres no problem going alone, though that didn't stop me from speed walking in my groggy state. A good 5 minutes before I see a familiar house. I told Gigi and Papi I was gonna stay the night with my friends. Never knew there'd be no sleep happening as they practically dragged me to that party. It's our last day here before we head back to the city. As I walked to the front porch, I felt so dizzy that I had to sit on the bench situated on the side of the house for a while. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply as I badly needed the fresh air, away from all that intoxication. The night is quite chilly but not for long as I felt something drape over my shoulders. I barely opened my eyes to see Chris standing in front of me.

Christian Andrews. Dii's cousin. We met 2 years ago when he came to our city for a school trip and ended up having lunch with us followed by a short tour in on his free time. I admit, when I first saw him, my eyes went wide like saucers. He was drop-dead gorgeous! He had an athlete's build with his 5'9 height. He had jet-black hair which was cut in a way the sides were short and the front longer, reaching his thick eyebrows a little. A straight nose and plump lips. But what hooked me big time is his pair of melted chocolate-colored brown eyes! They look mesmerizing! Then there's his easygoing, chill personality. Even though I wasn't that talkative, he charmingly managed to make me talk although out the tour. I still couldn't believe he was here to spend summer vacation with us.

"What are you doing here?" I said groggily

"I got bored so I decided to bail. Shouldn't you be getting inside where it's warm?" It was hard for me to tell if that was a lie or not, I brushed it off anyway.

"I just needed to breathe for a few minutes." I said as I closed my eyes again. He didn't answer me though. I just heard the bench creak a little. I'm assuming he didn't go inside yet.

Aside from the distant noise from the party, my ears could pick up a few crickets from Dii's garden. I must've dozed off for a second as I hit the back of my head on the bench's hard wood.

"Ow." I lazily put my hand on my head.

"You're such a clutz you know that?" He didn't even cover his amusement as he laughed at my clumsiness for a moment until he put his hand on the side of my head and brought it to his broad shoulders. My body went rigid as my groggy mind couldn't comprehend what was going on. I opened my eyes and tilted my head as I looked at him with curiosity.