chapter 22

y/n's POV:
i slowly open my eyes from the bright sun being in my face. great. mum opened my blinds.

i put on my black lulu lemon leggings with a red crop top and a black oversized zip jumper and my air force ones. basic, i know, but it's a friday.

i grab my bag and coffee and race out the door. i'm already late.

while driving in the car i think to myself about tom. should i tell him how i feel? is it too late? what will he say? has he moved on? my heart starts to burn from the thought of him with another girl.

i push those thoughts aside and walk into school.

tom's POV:
noah and i are setting up for my performance for y/n. my anxiety starts to kick in. i'm so nervous. she's rejected me once what's going stopping her from doing it again.

i tune my guitar.

i've discussed with teachers and my classmates to clear the hallways while i perform so their is no distractions. i'm being well liked around here so that helps.

i'm ready. now i just have to wait for her to show up.

y/n's POV:
i walk into school and see everyone's eyes on me. my palms start to sweat. i don't like being the limelight. what's going on?

i turn into a hallway with nobody in it to calm down. then i see him...

i see tom with his guitar and a huge grin on his face. what's he doing?

then i hear him start to sing northern lights to me.

as he sings to me while circling around me. his eyes glisten in the light from the window at the end of the hallway, his skin is glowing, his smile becoming wider and wider just like mine.

he's so perfect.

i love him.

the song finishes. i couldn't help myself anymore. i can't resist him anymore. i need to let my guard down, before it's too late...

"y/n i'm-

i pull him by his shirt and kiss him passionately. he picks me up and spins me around. i feel safe in his arms. just like i did the first time he held me.

i feel butterflies in my stomach going crazy, crazier than my heart. my heart on the other hand is flying all over the place.

we pull apart and see each other's huge smiles spattered across our faces. he pulls out something small in his pocket. it's a ring?

"y/n. i know we're too young to get married so i got you a promise ring. this ring symbolises that i promise to be right by your side for the rest of our life's. this ring means i will never stop loving you, no matter how many times you shut me out." he says with an even bigger smile.

he places the ring on my finger and kisses me one more time.

"i love you with my whole heart y/n" tom tells me

in this moment i knew he was the one. i know i'm really young and all but, i'm going to spend the rest of my life with this boy.

"i love you too tom" i say with tears in my eyes.

*hope you enjoyed this story. i'm so so sorry i didn't finish this for a while. i think my chapter didn't publish or something so i had to restart. i stopped writing until this month so it took me a while to think about things to write for this chapter, so i'm really sorry but i hope the ending is what u hoped it would be and i hope u loved the story just as much as i did! unfortunately i think this is going to be my last chapter 13 book. i might add them to future books as side characters but i won't be writing fan fics about them anyone. thank u for supporting me and i love u all🤍🤍*