Chapter 3

I notice more like feel Jared is returning, he carries a tray in his hands with ten shot glasses on it. I immediately regret my decision but I have to shake it off. I should have some fun for a change.

I spot Michael on the dance floor talking to a group of women and I shake my head almost laughing, of course he wouldn't think of me more than a friend I take the shot and tap my glass twice on the table, my throat burn and I feel dizzy. Yuck tequila.

"Is he your ex?" Jared asks following my gaze.

I nearly choked, "No. Just a friend. My best friend Melissa's brother and the owner of this club." I giggle nervously taking another shot from him. I drink it. Crap! Three more to go.

"For a second I thought that there was something between the two of you, especially since he acted so protectively earlier."

"Trust me, there has never been anything other than friendship between us." I reply hoping my disappointment doesn't show.

"Good." He smirks. There goes the butterfly invasion. I have never gotten this much attention from a man before although what happened earlier still bothers me.

"How do you know Michael and Dean?" I ask but Jared doesn't reply and I think maybe he didn't hear me before I can ask again he replies, "We have known each other for years but we can't get along."

I sense that this is all I am going to get out of him so I change the subject, "Where are you from? I haven't seen you here before."

"Maybe you just haven't been paying attention until now." Jared replies looking into my eyes as he speaks, it feels like the whole world stops when he looks at me, a tingle runs down my spine and I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing.

"We need to talk." Jared says completely serious.

"Aren't we talking now?" I reply a little confused.

I see a faint trace of a smile run momentarily across his face then he says, "We just want to be left alone, we don't hurt anybody."

"What are you talking about?" I ask surprised.

Jared puts his hand on my knee and I can feel the coldness spread over my entire body, I try shifting but his hand doesn't move, he leans in closer, "Do you want to kiss me?"

Yes! I scream in my head but I pushed his hand off of my knee with all my strength, "I barely know you." I say a little taken aback.

"I just want to spare you for what is in store for you." He says brushing a strand of hair out of my eyes. We move closer to each other lips almost touching. I am drawn to him. I have no control over it.

"What do you mean by that?" I whisper but I do not get a reply. Jared is thrown back, he knocks over the remaining glasses. A split second of relief washes over me that I don't have to drink it. I look up and see Dean standing over him, "Really Jared, the only way you can get a girl to kiss you is by forcing her?"

"I didn't force her to do anything." He spits.

"It's true." I squeak. Why is Dean acting like this.

"I think it is time for you to leave Jared, you are not welcome here."

"You really want to fight me over this?" Jared laughs standing up.

"I will if I have to." Dean replied calmly.

"Stop it, Dean, you're overreacting." I plead standing up. I don't want anyone to fight.

"Don't worry Jessica, none of this is your fault, I will make sure this thing doesn't come near you ever again." Dean says glaring at Jared.

"What the hell, Dean!" I yell but get no response. Dean punches Jared in the face. I gasp but it doesn't look like he felt it, Jared punches Dean back and then it seems all hell breaks loose.