Chapter 4

"What the hell happened?" Michael asks kneeling down next to me. "Was she hit?"

I can hear him speaking as if it was over an intercom. He sounds worried.

"No." Dean responds.

"What now?"

"Let's take her to your place. Looks like everyone decided that tonight was the night to kill her before she realized what she can do."

"What about my sister?"

"I'll get her and meet you there."

I feel Michael picking me up and place me inside what I presume to be his car, I feel his fingers brush hair out of my face. "I'm sorry." He mutters and I hear the door close. I feel and hear his Fortuner start and begin to move. He gently takes me out of the car. I don't understand how my eyes could be closed and still know what's going on around me. I can sense Melissa is close. How do I know?

"She's been eighteen for a couple of months. I didn't think that anyone would have made a move so fast." I can hear Dean saying.

"Why do you think Jared got involved?" Michael asks.

I can't move an inch but I can hear every word.

"I never thought that piece of shit would involve himself to begin with."

"I would have died if Jared actually kissed her." I can hear the sadness in Michael's voice.

"The next time I see him he will pay for what he did and wanted to do. She is too important."

"I need to run." Michael says and I hear footsteps moving away from me. I'm confused.

I open my eyes and take in everything around me. I spotted Melissa and rub my eyes, "See this is what happens when I drink." Although I can't remember exactly what happened but one look at Melissa's face makes me ask, "What's wrong, Mel. Where are we? In whose bed am I?"

Melissa shakes her head sadly and answers, "We're at Michael's house."

Panic takes over. "How did I get here? Did I do something I shouldn't have?" I ramble desperately trying to remember what happened.

Melissa smile sweetly, "No nothing like that." Before she could say anything else the door opens and Dean enters the room. I look at him knowing something about him is different but I can't quite put my finger on it. My head hurts and I feel nauseous.

Dean walks over and asks, "How is my shoulder doing?"

"My head hurts." I reply then add, "How much did I drink? How long have I been out?"

"Oh just an hour or so." He replies.

"Do you remember what happened?" Melissa wants to know.

"No." I reply truthfully.

"Try harder." Dean encourages.

I try as hard as I can but nothing pops in my mind it's completely blank.

"Just keep trying. I will go and make us some coffee." Dean says sweetly and leaves the room.

Once we are alone Melissa leans in closer and whispers, "Honestly, do you really not remember what happened?"

"It's a bit blurry, the last thing I remember is storming off after our argument, which I'm sorry about by the way, I overreacted."

"Don't worry about it. I know you don't like it when people tell you what to do." She replies hugging me.

I can't even remember drinking so none of this makes any sense to me but I dare not say anything. I close my eyes. I'm so tired but I don't want to fall asleep.Melissa sits quietly for a while before she unlocks her crossed legs and gets up. She paces around the room. Melissa is not the pacer type she rarely worries about things. It's strange to see her like this. I'm starting to get very worried.

A few minutes later Dean enters the room again with a tray that holds three cups of coffee, I eagerly take a cup from the tray thanking him. I need this. I take a sip from the warm coffee and wonder where Michael is and how big of a fool I must have made of myself for him not even to want to come anywhere near me. I close my eyes and desperately try to remember what happened. I get a glimpse of a dead and I can see Dean in a strange dark alley, I can see myself bleeding. It freaks me out. I open my eyes.

"What do you remember?" Dean asks.

"Not a thing." I lie putting my cup down on the nightstand. I don't feel so good. I think I'm going to be sick.

Dean puts his hand on my shoulder and says, "There is no rush."

I look at him and blink twice the freeze and look at him again. A wave of realization hits me, Dean nods at Melissa and she leaves the room closing the door behind her.

"What do you want to tell me?" He asks tilting his head slightly.

"What's wrong with me?" I have to know.

"There is nothing wrong with you, don't be afraid, just tell me what you feel?"

I frown it's not exactly like I'm comfortable with Dean regardless of the calmness he has about him.

"I feel like I'm going to be sick."

"No, that's just your body trying to process." He smiles. I must admit he does have a great smile.

"Please tell me if I did something. It feels like I did. Did I get wasted and make a fool of myself?" I panic.. I need to know and I also get the feeling that even if I did they don't want to tell me.

"You did nothing of that sort, nothing that happened was your fault and I want you to remember that when you piece it together." Dean says.

"Can't you just tell me?"

"I'm afraid not, you have to do it by yourself. When you are ready just let us know." Dean says gently getting up from the bed and leaves without another word.

"I quietly creep to the door when I hear Dean say to Melissa, "Why are you crying, gorgeous?"

I fight the urge to throw open the door and run to her.

"I should have stopped her, I should have." She sobs.

"Melissa, you cannot control what will happen from here on anymore than I can and my dear I have at least a thousand years on you." Dean replies.

What? It feels like I'm in a dream, everything feels wrong. Everyone is so strange. I feel like running away to somewhere I can think. I make my way back to the bed unable to keep my eyes open any longer.