The Triple B

The Triple B - Prologue

Emily Harris, aka the biggest badass bitch in our school. Or as I like to call her the Triple B. See how smart I am?! Ha. I kid, but seriously, she's not one of those snobby, fake, plastic, blond Barbies; she's average size everything, but height. She is four feet, three inches, and very sensitive about it.

Back in the good old days, when no one hated my brother or I, I use to sort of hang out with Emily. She was nice, and stuck up for her friends, and pretty fun to be around. I was over at her house, and my brother had come to pick me up, he was a year older than me, and had just gotten his license. Now my brother, Sam, was a bit of a player, but he didn't sleep around either, he just really knew how to get girls to like him, and boy did he like girls. He being sixteen, and I being fifteen, had been pretty close, and I'd like to think we would take bullets for one another, which is what you do for you your siblings, it's just common knowledge.

Anyways he had been picking me up, but he had never met Emily before. So when he waltzed into her home, that kind of set her off, she was a touchy person, but she meant well.

My brother, being the idiot player he was, gave her the lamest, most insulting pick up line just about ever. I was coming down the stairs when I heard it.

"Hey there Shorty, maybe if you were a little bit taller you wouldn't have to strain to see my face, I know a position where we could see a lot more of each other, if ya know what I mean." And I could just here the smirk in his voice.

I had then heard a slap and had quickly run down the stairs, but it was too late. My brother had ruined another one of my friendships.

"Sam! What the hell?!" I had asked angrily.

"You know this douche? Why is he in my house?" Emily had asked rather upset.

"Yeah, he's my idiot brother. I'm sorry, he can't control himself; he should be kept in a cage."

"Hey!" Sam had exclaimed, but I ignored him.

"I keep telling our parents to, but they just won't listen." I said smiling.

Emily laughed and I grinned while Sam pouted.

Then abruptly Emily stopped laughing and glared at Sam.

"If you ever hit on me again, I might not talk to your sister again though. I don't put up with jerks. Sorry Scarlett, but I don't like having people like your brother in my life, but I'm giving him another chance."

I nodded then turned to glare at Sam, just daring him to ruin this for me. His last words had been what really sealed the deal.

"So that means you don't want to make out with me?"

Emily, had been infuriated, and we had been thrown out. And it's been like that the past year, I now sixteen, and Sam now seventeen, life wasn't much different, but it felt like it.

Now, Emily wasn't a bitch to me per say, but she absolutely loathed my brother, and I loved him, so I was just on her list of people she disliked.

I didn't blame her for what happened, you can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends, so I chose friends who didn't care that I had a stupid player brother.