Chapter I - A Time And A Place

JaegerWayne1
Gunslinger of Remnant Pt. II
The Journey Back To The Past
2287, Beacon Academy, Vale

Yukon Marston POV:
I wake up and get ready for another day. Ozpin gave me a dorm room just like all the other students, since I don't have anywhere to stay, and thankfully I have the room to myself. He's been taking care of Bullet for a couple weeks now too, while I've been training the Minutemen, and learning about this new world I'm in. Speaking of, they've been doing alright lately. I was worried they would slow down, but they've been good this week. Weiss did have a meltdown about me picking Ruby as team leader over her, but I settled that argument quickly, and without a gun, too. I don't think she's warmed up to me just yet, but she will. The first week I went over basics like how you'll address people and the importance of following orders, and all that. They seemed to get the hang of it, but Team CRDL still has trouble falling in place. I still need to talk with them about them rebellious attitudes. But not today, because I reckon I have a class with Professor Oobleck. No, it's Doctor. Doctor Oobleck. Criminey, he got red in the face when I called him a Professor. I'll never do that again. Anyway, I've made it to his room. Time to learn about History.

Chapter 1 - A Time And A Place

November 3rd, Beacon, Vale, 2287 - Day 25

Yukon POV:

I'm sitting in the front row of Oobleck's class, also being the only one in here. I've gotten to the Doctor well over the past two weeks, well enough to know that he knows his stuff better than anyone else in his field of work. He's a Scientist, Mathematician, History Buff, and a Huntsman, among other things. He's got messy green hair, big glasses, and a yellow tie barely tied. On top of a white shirt.

Ozpin decided he'd be the best person to give me a crash-course on this world, and so far he's right

Ozpin decided he'd be the best person to give me a crash-course on this world, and so far he's right. I've already learned the majority on Dust, Aura and Semblance, along with this world's technology and Animals, including Grimm. But today, I think Oobleck has somethin' different planned for today. As I sit in the row, watching him speed around the room, he starts talking about the creatures of this world I never would have thought of. According to Bartholomew, there are people on Remnant with animal features such as tails, or ears, anything that would be on an animal. Along with physical animal features, the Faunus -that's what their species is called- also have animal skills used by their respective animal counterparts. If there's a dog Faunus, the Faunus might have a tail and sharp teeth, but they might also have better vision in the dark, like regular dogs do. Oobleck said the same is applied to all Faunus. I still have more to learn, but the most important thing he told me is that they are not to be discriminated. Which I don't think I'll have a problem with, since I'm no discriminator. We did just go through a Civil War back home over slavery and colored folk, but I never got caught up with them ideologies. Owning slaves is wrong, and segregation is wrong too. I ain't about to torch a species for somethin' they ain't in control of.

Oobleck: "And that is precisely why the General should have avoided attacking the Faunus at night. Did you catch that, Yukon?"

Damn, missed it again. Now he's gonna get mad, and I'm gonna get the piss taken out of me.