Chapter VIII - Heist On High Noon

Chapter 8 - Heist On High Noon

November 11th, Beacon, Vale, 2287 - Day 33

Yukon POV:

The bullhead ride back to Beacon was quiet. Qrow tried to make small talk, but I wasn’t paying much attention to him. I was thinking of who could want to see me right now. I really hope it’s not about that fight I started. Well, Yang started it but-

Qrow: “You alright? You’re sweating a lot.”

Yukon: “I’m fine. Just thinking about who wants to meet us at Beacon.”

Qrow: “If I had to guess, I’d say General Ironwood. You met him yet?”

What kind of name is Ironwood?

Yukon: “Ironwood?”

Qrow: “I’ll take that as a no. Well, you’ll be in for a surprise, that’s for sure.”

Yukon: “Great…”

The bullhead lands, and we make our way onto school grounds. It’s late by now, maybe eight o’ clock. All the students are either in their dorms, or at least inside. And because it’s dark out, it’s also very cold. We walk up to the front gates of the school and go to open them, but they’re locked.

Qrow: “Damn.”

Yukon: “Hang on, I’ve got a keycard.”

I go to my pocket, but it’s not there. I search my other pockets, and then I remember; I left my keycard in Bullet’s satchel.

Yukon: “Son of a bitch! That’s it!”

I lift up Last Word and fire at the lock, blasting the gate open. Qrow looks at me with a mix of confusion and shock, if I had to guess.

Qrow: “Why did you-”

Yukon: “I’ll fix it later.”

I walk past him, not looking back. I wouldn’t be surprised if that woke a few folks up. Oh well.
I get to the main door of the school, and unfortunately expected, this door is locked as well.

Yukon: “*sigh* I’m not fixing this one.”

I raise my knee and kick in the door at the handle, and the door falls into the school. I walk in, and look around, silently relieved no one was around to witness my break-in. Qrow walks in behind me.

Qrow: “I hope you have a good excuse for Ozpin.”

Yukon: “You worry about your problems, I’ll worry about mine.”

Qrow: “Whatever, cowboy.”

We make our way to the elevator and get in. The ride isn’t long, and when the door opens, I wish it had been longer. A man in a white uniform is talking to Oz and Goodwitch, but his demeanor changes once he looks at us. I assume he’s the General.

Ironwood: “Yukon Marston.”

He eyes me for what feels like an hour. I return the favor, and he takes the hint.

Ironwood: “Qrow.”

Qrow: “James.”

Yukon: “Look, I get that you wanted to have us meet this guy Oz, but can we make this quick? I really need to get back to my room.”

Ozpin smiles at me. For some reason, I have a feeling he wasn’t listening to me.

Ozpin: “Yukon, Have you heard of General Ironwood?”

Yukon: “Qrow told me about him on the way here. I know he’s the General of Atlas’ military and the headmaster of Atlas Academy.”

Ozpin: “That’s odd, I don’t recall introducing you to Qrow.”