Chapter II - First Mission

Chapter 2 - First Mission

November 3rd, Beacon, Vale, 2287 - Day 25

Yukon POV:

Damn it. What could it possibly be this time? I haven't done anything horribly wrong yet. Wait, I haven't seen Team CRDL around. Did they report me? The bastards probably did. Oh, I'll let ‘em have it once I see them again today, or I'll just finish them off where they stand. Either way, I’m in trouble with Oz because of them.

I make my way to one of the lifts they have to Ozpin’s tower -the guy needs his own tower, yes- to receive my trial. The lift doors open, and I’m met with the man himself looking at papers on his desk, while the other, more vicious one directs her eyes towards the lift I just walked out of, almost instantly dropping any signs of friendliness. I walk up to Ozpin’s desk, who is now looking at me. I stop in front of him and stand at attention.

Yukon: “Sir, you wanted to see me?”

Ozpin: “Yes, I did. Would you care to explain what happened in the hallway where you...conversed with Team CRDL ?”

Yukon: “Sir. I witnessed Team CRDL assault a faunus student in the East Hallway of the academy. I felt responsible to stop it, as I am a teacher at this school, therefore my duty to interfere with any type of harassment. Cardin Winchester, to be specific, was the main assaulter, so I did not do anything to them other then threaten them with a sidearm and told them to leave. However, I did get into Mr. Winchester’s face and proceeded to threaten him directly.”

Ozpin: “While I do appreciate the formalness, there is no need to-”

Glynda: “You could have killed him, you maniac!”

Yukon: “Goodwitch, the gun wasn’t loaded.”

Ozpin: “Glynda, please, we agreed we wouldn’t antagonize him. Anyway, you said the gun was not loaded? Also, at ease. You don’t need to salute me, I’m not your higher up.”

Yukon: “Right, sorry. No, the gun ain’t loaded, and yes, you are a higher up. You’re a Huntsmen, ain’t ya?”

Ozpin: “Yes, but I am not in the military.”

Yukon: “Neither am I. But I’m training to become a Huntsmen, and I reckon working under you as an educator makes me a subordinate.”

Ozpin: “I suppose, but there is no need for you to treat me as a higher rank. Though I have not known you long, I believe we are more than acquaintances, wouldn’t you say?”

Yukon: “I reckon so, but-”

Glynda: “Both of you, enough! Mr. Marston threatened a student with a gun! He needs to be punished in some form, maybe sent to the penitentiary.”

Yukon: “If I may remind y’all, this student is known for being an asshole. Surely you know this, Professor Goodwitch.”

Glynda: “Of course I do, but that does not excuse your way of handling it. I should have turned you in when you brought that poor faunus girl to me. If I had known your way of ‘handling it’ involved a gun, I would have shipped you off somewhere else.”

Goodness, she may be hot, but she’s a nuisance when she’s like this. How does Oz not get pissed off? Speaking of Oz, what the hell is he doing? Help me out here, Ozpin!

Yukon: “Look, I said the gun wasn’t loaded, didn’t I? I don’t see the problem here.”

Ozpin: “If I may interject, Glynda, he is from another world. Is threatening people with a gun normal in your culture, Mr. Marston?”