𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 12

Luna opens her eyes to a club she knew all too well

"I'll be damned. I mean, I'm obviously damned, but it worked" The Necromancer says as Luna turns around and sees he's seated at the bar with a cocktail next to him.

"What the hell are we doing here?" Luna asks how he could know about this place.

"You are the one who invited yourself along"

"Here this restaurant is in Texas. I've spent half my childhood here" Luna says walking closer to him.

"Yes. Ophelia's. Your mother pack hangout I believe. I spent a good amount of time here before the 1920s. Your father was good for my business, always killing people"

Luna remembers when her mom would come here with her. It used to be where their pack hanged out but after the slaughter they rarely visited. The El Diablo pack thrived throughout most of Texas; they were friends with the local who gladly kept their secrets. However one afternoon that all changed. Olivia and Luna were going to a pack meeting where everyone had to show up to discuss new rules. Once they arrived they were brought to the sight of their back body on the floor with their hearts torn out. The only one that survived were the children.

"How do you know about my dad? No one knew him." Luna asked the Necromancer.

"Well, he's standing right behind you." The Necromancer points behind her. Luna turns around to see no one is there.

"Kidding. Kidding but his spirit is all around you. Plus, he and I did our fair share of drinking here when he was at his most murdery." The Necromancer said drinking his cocktail.

"Are you toying with me right now?"Luna says, getting mad.

"Frankly, I think you're the one messing with me. All this talk about solving the mystery of Malivore. I think you and I both know which mystery you'd love me to solve. You want to know how your dad is. Or should I say where he is? Huh?" The Necromancer said walking away from Luna.

"Ooh, a marching band. My favorite!" The Necromancer yells happily then does a small dance. Luna noticed a parade of floats.

"Yeah! How I love the macabre!" The Necromancer said, facing her. Luna remembered reading about macabre. Macabre works to emphasize the details and symbols of death.

"Oh, oh, the dance of death. I wonder who the guest of honor is?" The Necromancer says taking a look at the coffin that appears in the middle of the streets as everyone disappears.

"Let's take a look. Perhaps, Henrik Mikaelson?" The Necromancer says. The coffins open and Luna runs to it.

"No!" Luna yells as she speeds to get to the coffin.

"There's nothing there," Luna says, looking into the blackness of the coffin.

"You're not ready for the truth." The Necromancer tells her.