"he said yes, and i didn't think that far ahead yet."

"absolutely not . who the fuck do you think you are? that's so creepy you fucking tree -"

is what minhee was absolutely sure the boy was going to say (but maybe in much prettier words). so forgive him for being properly shocked when the pretty boy just smiles at him at the offer, and nods slowly, fluffy poodle hair bouncing as he did so.

"t-thank you, if it's not too much of a bother for you -"

so now minhee is just running around preparing pillows and a comforter for the smaller boy - who had cutely introduced himself as dance major & sophomore song hyeongjun, and minhee wants to write that name over and over again on his political science notes until his pen starts screaming from overuse - while hyeongjun hesitantly accepts the hoodie minhee offers him. minhee had fought very hard on that decision, seeing as how hyeongjun accidentally left his key inside his dorm room, but especially when hyeongjun confessed that the sweater he was wearing belonged to his roommate's.

"i have a whole closet of his clothes...i should really start returning them back to him," hyeongjun hums as he admits defeat, accepting the grey hoodie minhee had practically shoved into his waiting arms.

"i could burn the one you're wearing right now," minhee says without thinking, and hyeongjun blinks at him in mild alarm. minhee's voice of reason starts panicking, ah fuck, now he's done it. now hyeongjun is going to think he's a serial killer and call the cops on him, what an ironic fate -

"please don't, i don't want to pay him for it," hyeongjun answers shyly, and minhee wants to tell his heart to shut the fuck up and stop beating so hard against his chest at the way hyeongjun hugs minhee's hoodie to his chest, "it's branded."

minhee scoffs, "it looks cheap."

hyeongjun returns that rebuttal with a cheeky quip, "yeah, I know."

silence befalls on them, but it's not a painfully awkward one minhee is used to whenever he talks to someone and just shuts off because he doesn't know what to say afterwards. he just continues setting up the bed for hyeongjun while the latter is left to change, a weird calm settling over the room as hyeongjun eventually reappears from the bathroom in his borrowed clothes.

if minhee finds hyeongjun cute pratically drowning in his oversized grey hoodie, the hem falling comically below his knees like a dress, and baby soft hands practically swallowed up into the sleeves, minhee doesn't say a fucking word, because he wants to cherish the image of hyeongjun pouting while eyeing his floppy sweater paws, clearly put off by their massive difference in size.

"seriously, minhee, how tall are you even? you're so big," hyeongjun whines at him, mock angrily flapping his adorable little sweater paws.

minhee wants to coo so fucking badly, but all he does is anxiety-laughs as he stalks past the pouty teen to make them hot drinks, ignoring the hammering of his heart against his ribcage at the small, light patter of feet following behind him. like a puppy, he thinks.

"what do you want to drink, hyeongjun?" minhee inquires, trying not to look at the other boy in fear of doing something stupid, like calling him cute.

"i'll have whatever you're having," hyeongjun hums.

minhee quirks an eyebrow at him. "i was going to say the same thing."

they end up having warmed milk with honey because minhee's digestive system is a weak ass bitch, and after hyeongjun offers to wash the mugs clean, minhee turns off the lights and they both crawl into their respective beds, and that is when the awkward silence kicks in.